My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you consider others from unchartered lodges your brother?

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
Fact is I call every man brother, until he gives me a reason not to. Been doin that since way before I heard about Freemasonry and I'll do it way after I've rode off into the sunset. Its just how I do. And I'll help any man in distress unless he is committing a crime or something - thats just humanity, man. Truth is I don't need any grand hailing signs to help people in need, ya know?

Brother, with a capital B, that means the letter of the law. And to me thats a very small slice of life when taken on the whole. Tiled meetings, ritual, etc. But thats about it.

It is a very small fraction of life we're talkin about. Or rather, not talkin about. Just is what it is, gotta get right between Grand Lodges and so on and so forth to bring that onto the table.

deford

Re: Do you consider others from unchartered lodges

Its a respect level for me. Dont grip me if you cant get past the first letter let alone even knowing the actual password. I have dealt with this on campus a lot.

Freemason Connect HD

Bro glenn mcdaniel

If they r unchartered then they r not yo bro ijs

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Freemason Connect HD mobile app

LittleHunter

It depends. In my jurisdiction some Masons consider Prince Hall clandestine. Personally I consider them brothers... "Step-brothers"... "Half brothers" ... "Brothers disowned by our dysfunctional father" but Brothers nonetheless.

I would not hold Masonic communication with anyone considered clandestine by my GL but that doesn't mean I can't respect them if they lead a Masonic life and honoring our shared heritage and culture.

Freemason Connect HD

bupton52

Premium Member

It depends. In my jurisdiction some Masons consider Prince Hall clandestine. Personally I consider them brothers... "Step-brothers"... "Half brothers" ... "Brothers disowned by our dysfunctional father" but Brothers nonetheless.

I would not hold Masonic communication with anyone considered clandestine by my GL but that doesn't mean I can't respect them if they lead a Masonic life and honoring our shared heritage and culture.

Freemason Connect HD

What state are you in?

Chillimaru

I have no problem with people of any race creed or color trying to become a better person and being a very good masonic role model, I can't hold Masonic Communication with a clandestine mason as my obligation says, I didn't even know anything about Prince Hall until I found this site so I'm still learning about all of this!!!!!

My Freemasonry HD Pro

ChaplinMike277

Well we are recognized by the GLOE so it makes us legit

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freemasonry mobile app

mando_dando

Things are changing in Florida. The Mainstream Shriners just accepted mutual recognition with PHA Shriners. I know this because I just became a Noble. Also, the reason mainstream doesn't recognize PHA is because of Racism. The original 13 confederate states are the ones that have issues with PHA masonry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Freemason Connect HD mobile app

bupton52

Premium Member

Well we are recognized by the GLOE so it makes us legit

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freemasonry mobile app

The GLoE doesn't exist anymore. Perhaps you meant the UGLE. Are you a member of the GLoAR or the MWPHGLoAR?

Also, being recognized doesn't make one legitimate. I just want to put this out there for clarification. Any jurisdiction can recognize whomever they want. That wouldn't make a clandestine body legitimate though.

Last edited:

MarkR

Premium Member

The GLoE doesn't exist anymore. Perhaps you meant the UGLE. Are you a member of the GLoAR or the MWPHGLoAR?

Also, being recognized doesn't make one legitimate. I just want to put this out there for clarification. Any jurisdiction can recognize whomever they want. That wouldn't make a clandestine body legitimate though.
Exactly right. And the United Grand Lodge of England, while a pretty good barometer, is not the final authority on recognition of Grand Lodges. Each Grand Lodge is completely autonomous, and makes its own decisions on recognition.

dfreybur

Premium Member

If I read your posting history correctly you're in Florida. Florida does not recognize PHA yet (The best time to put it up for vote is the next GL session!). Recognition and regularity are two different topics. That Florida does not recognize PHA does not mean that Florida considers PHA irregular. Not that you're currently allowed to visit anyways.

Dis1Recording

Before u can become a Master Mason. U hafta understand who you can acknowledge as a Brother. And who you can't.

My Freemasonry HD

BroBook

Premium Member

Things are changing in Florida. The Mainstream Shriners just accepted mutual recognition with PHA Shriners. I know this because I just became a Noble. Also, the reason mainstream doesn't recognize PHA is because of Racism. The original 13 confederate states are the ones that have issues with PHA masonry.

Question are you saying that 3'a & 4's in fl (ph&pa) are recognizing each other?

My Freemasonry HD

bupton52

Premium Member

I haven't heard anything about any recognition agreements in Florida. The GLs don't even recognize each other yet. The way that the Shrine is set up, wouldn't that require the approval of the national body?