My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't Expect Perfection

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
betrayal-by-judas-2.jpg

Don't expect perfection in a man because he is a Freemason. If you do, you will be disappointed. Masonry makes a man better, but no human agency can make him perfect.

If he is a Mason, you have a right to presume he is a good man, but do not condemn Masonry even if a few Masons turn out bad. Even the Great Teacher Himself had a Judas.

The aim and purpose of Masonry is to receive none but good men, keep them good and make them better. Judge the institution not by a few failures, but by the average of its successes.

That average is high and it consequently gives standing to its members, but it cannot be an infallible guide.

Author Unknown

dfreybur

Premium Member
If the purpose of Masonry is to make good men better, why would we be told that a Freemason's lodge extends not only across the planet but also from the center/surface of the Earth to the Heavens?

Is there some truth veiled under that imagery?

Any myth loses a lot when taken literally. Our stories are myths. How many ways do you want to take this particular image? Several levels should come to mind none of which involve tunneling under or filing above a tiled meeting.

Our lessons apply to the most base and lofty thoughts, actions, people, places.

Does Freemasonry have some role beyond the planet and the human race?

Masons have set foot on another planet. At some point we will have. For the moment we are with the rest of humanity in our cradle.

R

Ressam

Dear Gentlemen! Master Masons!
I've got a question. Simple question. I really don't mean any conspiracy askin' this!
The question is: Who&Why killed Hiram Abiff!?
Cause, it's really strange -- Chief Architect! 3 ruffians!
Cause nothin' happens in Life accidentally. If someone dies -- it means -- there's sth. wrong.
Who ordered the murder & why?

montkun

Another good question is what did the three ruffians tell the other Fellow Craft who were originally in on the plot to extort the word from GMHA? Aside from fear of death, what truly made them decide to not go along with the plot?

R

Ressam

Ok. Let's suppose that nobody "ordered" the murder & these 3 ruffians, by themselves -- "had gone crazy in their minds"
and killed Chief Architect! But, why he "attracted" them, somehow? Strange.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
As I understand it we should always strive for perfection. We will never get there but we will improve along the way.