My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double order or short form?

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
We did all this at a ranch outside of town. We couldn't have the 2nd candidate hanging around during the 1st degree so we did it the way I outlined above. We told the 2nd candidate what time to show up for lunch and we proceeded with him afterward. The 1st candidate got to witness what he had just gone through. It all worked out with 3 sets of minutes- 2 FC & 1 MM.
Wait...so opening the MM then stepping down to FC requires a second set of minutes?

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Possibly, but it sure would have been tough to follow- it would have read like War And Peace! Easier to do separate minutes for each FC Lodge & one for the MM.

Bloke

Premium Member
One Saturday, some years back, we had 2 Brethren who were going to turn in their FC work & receive their MM degrees. We opened a MM Lodge in the morning, called it from labor & opened an FC Lodge with a double order, did the proficiency, closed the FC Lodge & called the MM Lodge back to labor, conferred the MM degree, called the MM Lodge back to refreshment & had lunch, then opened another FC Lodge & did that proficiency, closed that FC Lodge & called the MM Lodge back to labor, conferred the 2nd MM degree, then closed the MM Lodge & called it a (long) day!

Bill, you can't do more than 1 candidate at once ?

We can work a quad 1st, quad 2nd and a double 3rd. But cannot work more thank 1 degree in the one day.

We must always open and close in the first.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Bill, you can't do more than 1 candidate at once ?
No, sir- every candidate gets his very own degree.

Art. 431. Degree Conferred on Only One Candidate at a Time.

The initiation, passing or raising of two or more candidates at the same time is forbidden, but the lecture and charge of the degree may be given to more than one, if done before the Lodge is closed. No lecture or charge shall be postponed until another meeting.