My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EA Ceremony Soon

Dimasalang

Hi!

Last month, I received a letter from the Lodge Secretary confirming my date of initiation on February. I am so excited! Any advice?

Keith C

AS BrotherJC said, you know all you need to know already. I strongly advise against trying to find out what exactly occurs vie google searching or YouTube. Not only is there a LOT of false information out there, knowing what will happen ahead of time will lessen the impact of the experience. There were 3 of us new brothers going through the degrees in the same approximate time line. One of the other two was very proud of the fact that he looked up things ahead of time and felt "prepared". At then end of the journey, after all three of us had been raised, he was very regretful, as he did not have the depth of feelings that we who did not 'study ahead' did.

Look forward with anticipation to an amazing experience and be sure to let us know how it was.

Congratulations on being balloted in.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Hi!

Last month, I received a letter from the Lodge Secretary confirming my date of initiation on February. I am so excited! Any advice?

First off, Congratulations!

The best advice that I can give you is listen more than you speak and try to stay away from the subject of Freemasonry online, except for maybe within the confines of this site. There is a LOT of information on the internet these days and about 99% is either not true or exaggerated. Let your local Lodge Brethren be your guides and teachers. Lastly, have fun!

Dimasalang

Thank you for all the advice. I am certainly looking forward to the initiation. This is something that I am really keen on doing for as long as I can remember. I will keep you updated on my progress. :)

Bloke

Premium Member
Congratulations! My advice echoes the above, relax, listen, enjoy and be patient. .it takes a while to digest the lessons you hear..

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
Congrats....
Just breathe, relax, and pay attention. It will be the best initiation you will ever get. When you get through it you will probably be allowed to go see other ea initiations in your area, I encourage that. It seem to help.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Keith C

Congratulations Brother!

Remember as you are studying for your proficiency that you are learning and integrating the tools to make a good man better! Try not to "Study for the test", rather study to learn the tools you need for your future, the test will then be easy.

Dimasalang

It has been nearly a year since I was initiated. I am still waiting to be raised, as I have been told it will be this June. Last December, I have been appointed as a Steward (I was told that this is accepted in UGLE, to be a lodge officer, even if not raised yet). I have enjoyed Freemasonry so far albeit not being able to join in other events outside my lodge as I am also a member of a club for young Freemasons, sanctioned by my Province and by the UGLE. Have met different people who I am proud to say I can call my Brothers.

Also, despite being the only (and I guess the first as well) foreigner in my lodge, I have never felt out of place and felt welcome all the time.

I so love Freemasonry.

SMIB