My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EA Ceremony Soon

CLewey44

Nice, I like that personally. Usually not the case here but an FC or even an EA may fill in on a degree or something.

CLewey44

I think it would promote more participation in the first two degrees. Sitting through it right after you were initiated is ok once but sitting through it several times with no participation can be a little boring. I think it allows for EAs and FCs to participate in the 'labor'.

LK600

Premium Member
I think it would promote more participation in the first two degrees. Sitting through it right after you were initiated is ok once but sitting through it several times with no participation can be a little boring. I think it allows for EAs and FCs to participate in the 'labor'.
Oh I don't disagree. I mean... how do you sit/function in a chair without being a MM (consistently)

CLewey44

That would be the hard part, maybe there they open and conduct business on whatever 'lowest' degree'd person is present. I know in TX I sat in a lodge on the EA degree and they conducted business then. Voted on someone etc but the EA couldn't vote was all. It can be done just have to proceed with caution. They obviously wouldn't be the stewards during a MM degree but half the time during degrees, a more seasoned Mason will fill in for certain officer positions.

dfreybur

Premium Member
I was told FC can only be up to Steward only, nothing higher. :)

It's a nice variation by jurisdiction. In my jurisdictions only an MM can be "installed" but a Brother of any degree can sit in most chairs "pro tem" for that one meeting. Participation = good.