My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EA, FC and MM test questions..

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Does the 3 degree test vary from state to state and/or Lodge to Lodge? Thanks guys.

State to state (or Grand Lodge to Grand Lodge), both the wording & the number of questions vary. Ffrom blue Lodge to blue Lodge under the same Grand Lodge, it's not supposed to, but in reality it sometimes does.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Not only do the questions and answers vary, but the floor work as well. A few months ago I visited a Lodge in New Mexico and their opening and closing was vastly different from ours (Texas).

RedTemplar

Johnny Joe Combs
Premium Member
Kentucky has no official ritual. Lodges have at least three different rituals to choose from or a combination of the three. As a result, lodges can and often vary greatly in degree presentation. I find that it is all impressive as long as it is done properly and not poorly. However, test questions along with the various rituals ar not so different as to be unrecognizable.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Kentucky has no official ritual. Lodges have at least three different rituals to choose from or a combination of the three. As a result, lodges can and often vary greatly in degree presentation. I find that it is all impressive as long as it is done properly and not poorly. However, test questions along with the various rituals ar not so different as to be unrecognizable.
that has always been the coolest thing that i've heard about kentucky.