My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eastern Star

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I joined the Order of the Eastern Star so that my wife and I would have something in Masonry that we could share together. To help her understand "why" so many are drawn to what the Craft has to offer.

I enjoy the time that I get to spend with her and the other ladies of OES. In fact it appears that my wife and I will be entering the West the year after next, and the East following that....

J

JEbeling

Wife has been a member for over 25 years and very active.. ! she was district du-da and I had to make the meetings with her so I joined.. ! I am now in the east and enjoy it.. ! the women do a good job with the work.. !

wish more young daughters would join.. !

Gerald.Harris

Premium Member
Premium Member
I joined the Order of the Eastern Star so that my wife and I would have something in Masonry that we could share together. To help her understand "why" so many are drawn to what the Craft has to offer.

I enjoy the time that I get to spend with her and the other ladies of OES. In fact it appears that my wife and I will be entering the West the year after next, and the East following that....

Good for both of you and for the order. The Star is a nice addition to the Blue Lodge, and it does give a couple a presence in Masonry that just isnt atainable by making dinners at Stated Meeting, and on Family Night.
The ritual of the Star is beautiful in its own rite and well worth the effert to to become a candidate.

RedTemplar

Johnny Joe Combs
Premium Member
My blood sisters asked me to help them out. In three years, I was appointed District Deputy Grand Patron. It is beautiful work and the lodge and I have been grateful for the service our chapter has given us in past years.

B

BrianM

To support our Chapter and that it might entice the wife to join , which she did . Now it looks like I will be Worthy Patron for many years to come .

js4253

Premium Member
Premium Member
I joined after my wife. We are now in the West and will most likely be in the East next year. It is something we can do together.
Last night Floresville 515 stated meeting lasted 30 min., wish OES could trim their meeting time! Oh well, like I said it is something we can do together.

B

BrianM

I joined after my wife. We are now in the West and will most likely be in the East next year. It is something we can do together.
Last night Floresville 515 stated meeting lasted 30 min., wish OES could trim their meeting time! Oh well, like I said it is something we can do together.

They could trim time down if they did not have to introduce everyone from the Worthy Grands to the kitchen sink ! It takes 30 minutes alone to introduce everyone .

J

JEbeling

Yeah.. ! introduction at Eastern Star seems to go on forever..? Wife takes it very serious and is Sec.. ! so she thinks she run the chapter...? I am WP this year.. ! and its been a real joy.. ! most of the ladies are older and have husbands and fathers who were active in our lodge and they like to see it kept running.. !