My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Egyptian Mystery's Mission

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
"The mission was to work on matter, to cut it, carve it, to imbue it with intention until every particle of matter in the universe has been worked on and spritualized." -Quoted from "The Secret history of the World"

I have always believed that stone masons of long ago where more than laborers. They brought spirit into their work and God was with them every step of the way because it was common to pay homage to God and ask for His assistance in every aspect of life. The inspiration and knowledge for such great architechture could not come from man alone. We are told our Grand Master H.A. paid homage to the GAOTU before even drawing his designs, astrological alighnment and many other practises allude that sprituality played a huge role in architecture in ancient times. The mission statement above though brought clear to ME the reason for the need to change from operative to specualtive. What better matter is there to cut, carve and work on than the human mind. When that stone(the human mind) is imbued with intention and spritualized it can help carve, cut and work on matter in the moralist of manners. Where as the operative mason's stone was no doubt an inspiration yet it could not walk freely to work on the next generation of stones. The magnificent inspiration that did come from such structures as The Great Pyramid surely inspired man that if he with, Gods help was capable of erecting such perfect monuments why could they not do this on the internal. The mission statement has really just begun to speak to me and I would like to hear your take on the Egyptian Mission statment to help get the juices flowing? It just struck me as a very Masonic statement.