My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email Question need help please

Txmason

On my moms laptop she accesses AOL to check her email using the newest version of Firefox (the version before the one that just came out optimized for AOL). I have disabled the plugins for Firefox.

My problem is this:

When my mom goes to enter a letter to put the persons name in compose email in the to field AOL comes up with the error "undefined error" or "contact error". I have told her to exit out of AOL and log back into her email address only to have the problem happen again. The only way to elevate the problem is to either manually type the email address or log on and try again. Is this a problem with the AOL address book? Or some sort of character script somewhere?

How do I fix the problem step by step? I have the newest version of Firefox before the new one out now that is optimized for AOL. Any help is appreciated.

Jerry

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Firefox is awesome! In matter of fact, it recently beat out Chrome on browser speed, not to mention the hundreds of plugins available. When you said the plugins are disabled, does this include Java?

Preston DuBose

Kenneth's suggestion has a certain merit. Have her try accessing the same site using a different browser, be it Chrome or IE. Find out if it's a browser specific problem or something deeper.

Txmason

How do I find out of its a browser problem? It just happens with aol email. Or does the browser play a part?

Aol said to reset the address book. This is what they said:

Add a Contact to test the autocomplete feature
If autocomplete isn't working, it may mean that your Address Book isn't synchronizing properly. Adding a new Contact to your Address Book and waiting for it to re-synchronize can help solve this problem. To learn how to add a new Contact, please visit our online help article How do I add Contacts in AOL Mail?
Reset your Address State
If your Address Book is having problems synchronizing properly, resetting the Address State will help to re-synchronize it.
To reset your Address State

1. Sign in to AOL Mail by going to http://webmail.aol.com.
2. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard, and then click the Help link on the upper right.
3. On the AOL Mail System Summary window, next to Address State, click Reset.
4. Close the AOL Mail System Summary window.

Clear cookies, cache, and history using the browser
When you visit websites, temporary Internet files and cookies are stored on your computer to record your return visits. Sometimes, these temporary Internet files and cookies can cause the issues. Similarly, your history list can also cause problems.