My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Entered Apprentice.

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
Congrats! Welcome to the brotherhood. It is 100% normal to not remember. You will get there.

Bloke

Premium Member
Congratulations Bro Brian!
(I've been a bro for 10+ years and still dont "remember it all"... much less understand it all.... but it does not take that long to get the gist of things.. )
Welcome!

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Congratulations, Brother.
The first time you attend another Initiation you will have multiple "aha!" moments.

Brian Davis

Thanks for all the encouragement. I really feel bad, because I can tell that a lot of time and effort went into it.

Last edited:

Bloke

Premium Member
Thanks for all the encouragement. I really feel bad, because I can tell that a lot of time and effort went into it.
We put time and effort into it to pass the values along Bro. Maybe one day you will do the same... and you don't just do that in a lodge team, you do it in all aspects of life...

Roy_

> Thanks for all the encouragement. I really feel bad, because I can tell that a lot of time and effort went into it.

No worries. Initiations are roughly the same, so they didn't have to come up with everything for your initiation. AND you will attend many initiations in the years to come that THAT is when you start to remember things about your own and things will start falling into place.

Keith C

Don't feel badly about it. This is a big part of your initiation...Everyone who was there, was there JUST FOR YOU! You didn't just join some group, you were made a Brother among Brothers.

You may never remember everything that happened, but you will, undoubtedly, learn to understand what it meant, and hopefully be there for the next brothers.

grayflannelsuit

Premium Member
Got my first degree done, but with all the information given to me on day one, I honestly don't remember all of it.

Congratulations brother! As far as understanding what you saw, don't sweat it. It was a blur for me too. I cannot recommend enough that you seek out a copy of "Introduction to Freemasonry" by Carl Claudy. There is one volume for each degree and it provides a ton of context for what you experienced.

Brian Davis

Congratulations brother! As far as understanding what you saw, don't sweat it. It was a blur for me too. I cannot recommend enough that you seek out a copy of "Introduction to Freemasonry" by Carl Claudy. There is one volume for each degree and it provides a ton of context for what you experienced.

Thanks. I honestly being staying away from books and the internet, I don't want anything to spoil the experience.