My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyone Participate.. !

Would you allow visitation

• Yes.

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • No.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters

owls84

Premium Member
Ok, you are a voting member of the Grand West. We have the ability to have visitation with the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas, F&AM. The doors are tiled and the vote it to be taken. I want to know would you allow the visitation between the two.

Please everyone Vote. I honestly would like to see if this would go over. It is totally anonymous so vote how you really feel.

Last edited:

Jay

Wellllll.. . Tell me this Owles, Are YOU going to have to be there?? See I'm kind of funny about just who I sit in lodge with.....HAHA LOL... ...But for real I dont care about the color of a mans skin as much as his conduct and the character of his hart, So my vote... YES!

Bigmel

Premium Member
Premium Member
I Voted Yes, They are no different than any other Grand Jurisdiction recognized by GLOT

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
i don't think we have a good representation of texas masonry on these forums, so the voting might be a bit biased.

that being said, i voted yes.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
The Prince Hall Grand Lodge has not asked us to allow the visitation.

That is not correct or at least from what I have been told. PHGL was looking for full recognition from us to pursue recognition with another GL not sure which but I believe it was across the pond point being they came to us with a compact approved by their GL that requested full recognition including visitation. I have yet to be able to find the compact signed and I know I will never get the original so I see know real way of knowing this is true or not expect for to take the Mason who told me at his word.

Even if the PHGL had not asked what would it hurt us to even if it breaks tradition in the since the new guy has to ask. There is no law saying we cannot ask. Plus if we do not start covering ourselves on this issue we might find ourselves held liable for something crazy in this "politically correct sue your butt off" world we live in.

Traveling Man

Premium Member
Plus if we do not start covering ourselves on this issue we might find ourselves held liable for something crazy in this "politically correct sue your butt off" world we live in.

Or the very least be able to have military lodges on base, not demit because of some ubiquitous clause during the federal judge screening process and a whole lot of other public/political offices.

And those are just starters... VBG

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
I'm wondering if any of the (at present) eight who voted "no", will ever have the guts to try to defend their position.

dhouseholder

Even if the PHGL had not asked what would it hurt us to even if it breaks tradition in the since the new guy has to ask.

Besides, all it takes is for one GL to ask. I'd really like to think that it would be embarrassing for either GL to turn the other away.