Explosion in West, Texas

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by texasmason791, Apr 17, 2013.

1. texasmason791

texasmason791 Registered User

If there are any Brothers in West that need anything at all please email me at texasmason791@yahoo.com.

In case you didn't know a fertilizer plant exploded in the town of West, Texas today. A lot of people were injured and many feared dead. I do not have all the details. This town needs our prayers and support. They have a long and rugged road ahead of them.

Freemason Connect Mobile

2. JJones

JJones Moderator Staff Member

We felt the explosion here at my house, which is near Cleburne...about 40 miles away or so.

It sounded like thunder but with the way our house shook we thought it was an earthquake. I can only imagine how powerful the explosion must have been to be felt so far away.

Keep West in your prayers please.

3. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

Been watching this for the past couple of hours. West is about the size of Van. I know this small town will need lots of prayer and support due to this tragedy.

4. Scorpio31

Scorpio31 Registered User

My thoughts, prayers and spirit army will be in west to help those families affected. What I want to know is why did the fertilizer plant explode in the first place?

Freemason Connect Mobile

5. widows son

widows son Premium Member

In my thoughts brother. So this was just an accident? I haven't heard anything on this yet.

6. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

All that methane. One spark and the whole thing could go up...

Freemason Connect Mobile

7. widows son

8. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

9. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

ImageUploadedByFreemasonry1366262770.286745.jpg
    (Pic not by me)
    :(

Freemason Connect Mobile

10. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

Http://kdfw.m0lb.net/r/1hccp9

11. Michael Neumann

Michael Neumann Premium Member

Looks like Hillsboro and Waco are the nearest lodges, http://www.masonicmatrix.com/masonic-lodges-texas/ . West is on I35 inbetween the two cities. We need to be out there helping families, who is organizing? I can put together a donation form and direct payments to whichever WM is going to head the effort, all I need is the email that they have connected to their paypal.

12. widows son

Crono that pic is nuts, has there been any confirmed deaths? (Hopefully not)

13. Mac

Mac Moderator Premium Member

The Al Amin Shrine is holding a gun show this weekend in Corpus Christi. Masons from the area are holding a blood drive there to benefit those who need it in West.

14. sands67

sands67 Premium Member

My thoughts and prayers go to all Americans this week. It has not been an easy one for our friends to the south.

15. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Thoughts and prayers headed that way.

16. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

Estimates say 170 injured and 5-15 dead...

Freemason Connect Mobile

17. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

18. Michael Neumann

Michael Neumann Premium Member

That is a really useful tool! Yes, it is the West, TX lodge.

The site has an email and the phone number to the lodge. I just emailed them and will call them in a few hours. We have several threads about our need to be socially involved, well now a community needs our involvement more than ever. There were several buildings, homes and businesses that were downed. http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-fert...n-sends-120-hospital-levels/story?id=18984131

Rebuilding, clean up, and comforting families is more valuable than monetary contributions.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  19. Bill Hosler

Bill Hosler Registered User

In case you missed it. The GLoTX has set up a relief fund for West lodge. There was at least one Mason injured. They have the information on their website of where to send a donation.

The Waco valley is also accepting donations for Masonic relief for the area.

Freemason Connect Mobile

20. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

Thanks Bro. Holser!

Am I supposed to call you?

Freemason Connect Mobile

Share My Freemasonry