My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Explosion in West, Texas

texasmason791

If there are any Brothers in West that need anything at all please email me at texasmason791@yahoo.com.

In case you didn't know a fertilizer plant exploded in the town of West, Texas today. A lot of people were injured and many feared dead. I do not have all the details. This town needs our prayers and support. They have a long and rugged road ahead of them.

Freemason Connect Mobile

JJones

We felt the explosion here at my house, which is near Cleburne...about 40 miles away or so.

It sounded like thunder but with the way our house shook we thought it was an earthquake. I can only imagine how powerful the explosion must have been to be felt so far away.

Keep West in your prayers please.

cog41

Premium Member
Been watching this for the past couple of hours. West is about the size of Van. I know this small town will need lots of prayer and support due to this tragedy.

Scorpio31

My thoughts, prayers and spirit army will be in west to help those families affected. What I want to know is why did the fertilizer plant explode in the first place?

Freemason Connect Mobile

crono782

Premium Member
ImageUploadedByFreemasonry1366262770.286745.jpg
(Pic not by me)
:(

Freemason Connect Mobile

Mac

Premium Member
The Al Amin Shrine is holding a gun show this weekend in Corpus Christi. Masons from the area are holding a blood drive there to benefit those who need it in West.

sands67

Premium Member
My thoughts and prayers go to all Americans this week. It has not been an easy one for our friends to the south.

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
Bro. Neumann,

How can I help? Would this be the lodge in West, Texas?

http://www.grandlodgeoftexas.org/lodgelocator

Best,

Jerry

Freemason Connect Mobile

That is a really useful tool! Yes, it is the West, TX lodge.

The site has an email and the phone number to the lodge. I just emailed them and will call them in a few hours. We have several threads about our need to be socially involved, well now a community needs our involvement more than ever. There were several buildings, homes and businesses that were downed. http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-fert...n-sends-120-hospital-levels/story?id=18984131

Rebuilding, clean up, and comforting families is more valuable than monetary contributions.

Last edited:

Bill Hosler

In case you missed it. The GLoTX has set up a relief fund for West lodge. There was at least one Mason injured. They have the information on their website of where to send a donation.

The Waco valley is also accepting donations for Masonic relief for the area.

Freemason Connect Mobile