My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fellowcraft

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
In our Lodge your dues are due at your EA degree and dues are due from all brothers yearly regardless of degree. Our Stated Meetings are opened as a MM Lodge and thus, EAs and FCs can not vote.

For GL the 3 pedestal officers and our official representative to the GL (Must be a PM) can vote.
Sooooo. they have to pay initiation and degree fees as well as dues? Here the fees for the degrees cover their dues for the first year after being raised!

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Keith C

The fees at our Lodge are:

One fee of #350.00, covers all 3 degrees, called an "initiation fee"
Dues of $90.00/year, but pro-rated based on when you join

The fee structure is the same at all PA lodges, the dollar amounts differ.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Sooooo. they have to pay initiation and degree fees as well as dues? Here the fees for the degrees cover their dues for the first year after being raised!
Maybe I misunderstood. I paid a fee of $125.00 when I turned in my petition. This covered the three degrees and the first year dues.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
In both my jurisdictions....dues are not due till the year after ur raised...ie petition in apr...balloted on in may....initiated in Jun...passed in Nov rasied in Mar. Dues will be due in dec.....both my jurisidiction dues are due in dec

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

dfreybur

Premium Member
In both my jurisdictions....dues are not due till the year after ur raised...ie petition in apr...balloted on in may....initiated in Jun...passed in Nov rasied in Mar. Dues will be due in dec.....both my jurisidiction dues are due in dec

In my jurisdictions the pro-rata dues bill for a partial year are part of the paperwork package handed to a Brother the night he is raised. The night I was raised I had the check in my wallet.

It is the worldwide standard to charge dues as soon as a Brother is initiated. This standard is not followed in the US as a result of the 1845 Convention. It's time to correct that long obsolete status. I'll happily vote for charging dues and allowing votes for EAs and FCs per the world wide standard. It's just not a topic I am motivated to work on.

Bloke

Premium Member
In my jurisdictions the pro-rata dues bill for a partial year are part of the paperwork package handed to a Brother the night he is raised. The night I was raised I had the check in my wallet.

It is the worldwide standard to charge dues as soon as a Brother is initiated. This standard is not followed in the US as a result of the 1845 Convention. It's time to correct that long obsolete status. I'll happily vote for charging dues and allowing votes for EAs and FCs per the world wide standard. It's just not a topic I am motivated to work on.

I think if you are going to give them the vote, it would follow business needs to be done in the first degree.

tldubb

Premium Member
We only conduct business in the 3rd, lower and or raise it when it comes to degree work and to show proficiency. So we open and close 3rd only. I'm not sure about other PHA jurisdictions, but ours is one of the oldest in Prince Hall masonry.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry