My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filing in for Jr Steward For EA Degree tonignt.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
The degree is being done in "Advanced Chairs" which leaves the JR S. seat vacant. I guess I "volunteered" by showing up to the rehearsals.

Last edited:

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Re: Filing in for Jr Steward For EA Degree tonignt

heh, rereading my post and I seem to come off as being upset about it.

While I would love to get in line, I have an 8 month old. Fortunately the chair is claimed for next year. I would probably love to learn all the appointed chairs though so I can hop around when needed.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member

heh, rereading my post and I seem to come off as being upset about it.

While I would love to get in line, I have an 8 month old. Fortunately the chair is claimed for next year. I would probably love to learn all the appointed chairs though so I can hop around when needed.
I have filled far more chairs during Degrees than by Election or Appointment. I enjoy doing different roles and being available to fill in for absent Brethren.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member

I have filled far more chairs during Degrees than by Election or Appointment. I enjoy doing different roles and being available to fill in for absent Brethren.
This is something I would like to try to accomplish also so if I ever do decide to actually step in line I will be versed or at least prepared ahead of time for the material. I had fun even though there was no speaking part for me.

Last edited:

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member

To have a brother that can fill any role thrown at him is way more needed in some circumstances. I have seen some brothers that do this well, and you can tell how much they are needed and appreciated in smaller lodges.