My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final Draft Info for MoT Fantasy Football League... Lol Hopefully, Final

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
All:

(To make sure this message reaches all memebers, it is going out through the messaging system of the league, posted on the message boards in the league, posted as the Commissioner's Note in the league, and also posted on the MoT forum. My apologies for seeing it blasted everywhere, but I need to try to get some feedback from as many people as possible)
When rescheduling the draft to Friday, I heard back from only two people that spoke up that Friday would not be a good day for them to conduct the draft. We changed the draft to be tonight (Wed) at 6:15, and only a couple of people agreed to that.

However, we were not able to get the last person to be able to join in time to do the draft this evening. A Brother that is in the league said he knew another that wanted to play, the invite was sent, but today might have been a hectic day for him as he has not been able to accept the invitation and join the league.

I have again reset the draft to take place on Sunday, 02 SEP, at 7:30 PM. If we can get the final person to join before then, this will be when the draft takes place. I know that there are some that don't like the idea of it being on a weekend, and some that have a hard time making it during the evenngs of weeknights, so I chose Sunday in the later part of the evening to give it a better shot of everyone being at home and able to take close to an hour to be in front of the computer. Trying to make everything work for everyone, but lacking one person to join the league has put a kink in the hose, and I also had to make a command decision so that we can get things started for the league.

The only other option we really have is to hurry up and get someone in the last slot and then I just tell Yahoo to have a full Auto-Draft (I am actually considering as the best option right now anyway), which is actually about the fairest way to fill up the teams. The Auto-Draft assigns the next highest ranked player to the team next on the draft list... All the way down. You can create your own pre-draft rankings and the system will use that to hopefully get you the players you want. I just see that as being the most fair option for the draft at this point because I can't tell who all is going to be able to make the draft online. If only one or two people show up online, then it really isn't too fair to them as all the other people will be automatically given the top players available straight off the list.

I just need to hear back from everyone to let me know if Sunday is good, or go ahead with the Auto-Draft. If I only hear back from one or two people out of the whole league, I'll just set it up to be Auto-Draft so that everyone has the same shot at getting the same amount of good players. Either send me a message through here, or post on the messag boards in the league. Again, we still need to have that one slot filled in before we can really do anything. Even if I was able to make it online the original draft date, we wouldn't have been able to do anything because we haven't been able to find anyone to fill that spot.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Stedman