My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding a Lodge

NLawson0419

Ive emailed a local Lodge recently. Asking when a good time for me to come by and talk to someone. This was the advice of my grandfather who is a Freemason as well. I still have yet to hear anything back. Its been a while. Any ideas?

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

dfreybur

Premium Member
It is always good to try to contact a lodge before arriving at one of their events, but many lodges are not good at reading or replying to email or other contact methods. Think of the email as a low percentage shot.

Where you are matters for how to contact a lodge. Some jurisdictions are more formal. In the US the time of the monthly meeting will be on a sign on the door and searchable on-line. Show up an hour before. Introduce yourself, ask how to become a Mason and ask if they received your email.

Start going monthly. Expect it to take a few months before they know you well enough to give you a petition.