Food for thought

Discussion in 'Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality' started by JohnHorchak, Aug 31, 2017.

1. JohnHorchak

JohnHorchak Registered User

Something I have been pondering on. Your pupils are like black holes consuming light. When the light enters the body the light is pure unmolested. Only when the mind interprets the light does a person form some sense of reality. If we can change our hearts and minds undeniably we can change our reality, for the kingdom of God is here and now.

Bill Lins, CLewey44 and WX2CIB like this.
  2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Something to think about!

Bill Lins and JohnHorchak like this.
  3. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Pure unmolested light, on this planet? Rarely, but I like the analogy.

4. pointwithinacircle2

pointwithinacircle2 Rapscallion Premium Member

And in the time between when the light falls on our eye and the time our mind assigns meaning there is an instant where we choose our reality.
    Dedication to that change is the work of a MM. To constructing the house not built with hands.

WX2CIB likes this.
  5. JohnHorchak

The hardest and most mystifying lesson I've ever accepted was that most truth are taught to be lies. One being that you are made in the image of God. Your image is more than a reflection, it's what you present, it's what you believe you see and are, it is ego.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  6. Warrior1256

Never looked at it this way before.

7. pointwithinacircle2

"Words are symbols which point towards concepts arranged in patterns to communicate meaning" - Mortimer Adler

In this post you describe your concept of the word symbol "image". The word image can also point to other concepts. It is unlikely that two people will arrive at the same meaning if they are unable to agree on the concept to which an individual word symbol points. :)

8. pointwithinacircle2

This is one possible interpretation. Another is that an image represents an ideal toward which men can strive. For example the "Image of God".

Warrior1256 likes this.
  9. Warrior1256

Good point!

10. JohnHorchak

What if at the same time I'm creating you and your creating me and what we believe about each out interprets our interactions. This is why I am so deeply in to prayer but I believe most people haven't prayed one day in there life even if they where completely sincere or in deep desperation. This is the lies you are taught in my opinion. Faith is God, belief is power. This is why the message of Yeshua has been completely misconstrued and downright tainted. Hints why he says it's easier for a camel to pass through an eye of a needle than to enter the kingdom of God. I am a out cast of the church but total follower of Yeshua and wish nothing more than my fellow brethren to be awaken the truth of the message. Search and you will find, ask and it will be receive, knock and it shall be open to you.

11. pointwithinacircle2

My impression is not that I am creating you, but that I am definitely creating what I think is you.
    This can be taken as prophecy or a warning. What ever you seek you will find, whatever you ask for you shall receive, wherever you knock you shall be admitted. God does not guarantee that any of it will be to your benefit.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  12. Warrior1256

Excellent point!

Share My Freemasonry