For the Castile Family

Discussion in 'Prince Hall Freemasonry' started by R. Jacques Johnson, Jul 22, 2016.

1. R. Jacques Johnson

R. Jacques Johnson Registered User

2. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

3. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

So that was the whole degree he recited there huh? My wifes gonna be pissed cause i was gone at lodge for like 5 hrs from the time i left the house.

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

BullDozer Harrell and Bloke like this.
  4. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

They putting it out there...

5. Travelling Man91

6. Matt S

Matt S Registered User

My question is what is the point of the grand hailing sign if it can not be used if you are in distress. I'm sure he was feeling as distressed as he has ever felt and was legitmately asking for aid from his fellow brothers.

7. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

That's a question for his, and then for your, conscience.

8. Matt S

Matt S Registered User

But it's not without precedent Bro whorley I hope I'm spelling his name correctly spoke in a video about a civil war officer giving the grand hailing sign after combat and a brother mason from the opposing side coming to his aid to carry out his final request...I am sure it depends on jurisdiction and I have to re-read exactly what is said in mind but I remember it saying for instruction or if in grave need of assistance....I may be mistaken I will check

9. Matt S

Matt S Registered User

I meant to say what it says in my ritual that I would have to re-read to be certain this phone is hard to write with I really have to start proofreading these

10. Ripcord22A

My problem is that it was used in a political situation. He wasnt in a situation where that was his only way to ask for help. If he truly needed help all he had to do was pick up his phone and call a brother as soon as those cameras stopped rolling. But to go on camera wearing a S&C pin and then us the words that accompany the MMGHSD on NATIONAL television when he wasnt in any type of peril at that time. It was wholly political IMHO. He brought Freemasonry into a very divisive subject

11. R. Jacques Johnson

I don't see how him asking for aid was political. Hosever, I do not care about the opinions of when and where the grand hailing sign of distress should and should not be used. All I want to know is does anyone have this brothers contact information? I took an obligation before my lodge to God that I would fly to his aid. If you are not trying to help this man then please get out of my way so I can. If anyone knows how to reach him please inbox me his information. Thank you.

Chaz likes this.
  12. R. Jacques Johnson

By the way, I posted this in the Prince Hall section. I was trying to inform my Prince Hall brothers that we have a member in distress and we should help him.

Chaz likes this.
  13. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Our Brother is clearly in real distress.

I'm dumbfounded as to how I can help at this point. So far I have treated the matter of race relations as "Think globally, act locally" so I have taken action in person locally whenever I could. This ranged everywhere from who I hung out with in elementary school through checking out that a neighborhood is racially mixed before looking at any houses to purchase.

A man's reach should exceed his grasp so I know there must be something I can do globally but I have no idea what it is I can do. So I flow love and prayers to all involved.

Ripcord22A likes this.
  14. Ripcord22A

Hes the ddgm for his distrcit in Michigan. U should be able to reach out to their GL.

15. Ripcord22A

Who cares where you posted it. Are you saying that only PHA masons can care about him? Its comments like that the divide this country. As Freemasons we need to be there for our comminities as a whole and leave the politics out of it.

From what ive heard and seen this will probably end up being an unjustified shoot. But i think that if we are going to been seen at events it needs to be as neutral and if as an individual you are going to take a side...leave ur pins and hats and what lnot at home.

Just like I as a US service member cant attend ralleys in uniform neither should masons

16. R. Jacques Johnson

I guess my obligation as a Prince shall Mason was different? Thanks for the information I will reach out to him. Regarding my comments. You act as if I created the division in the country or in this organization. I made my comment you made yours and we are both entitled to our opinions. Every organization I belong to with the exception of my military organizations are segregated. But it's comments like mine that make us divided, really?

hfmm97 likes this.
  17. R. Jacques Johnson

What is political about supporting my Masonic brother? If I decide to demonstrate and I wear my hat, pin, shirt or any other Masonic emblems that is my choice. You are not my Grand Master nor do I subscribe to your constitution and by-laws. I am a proud mason and I am not ashamed to come to the support of my community.

However, I think our community needs to know that we are not dead. That we are alive and well and will aid with financial assistance. If you didn't read this man was an employee of the school board which means that vital resources to his family have been lost. Also we will aid then with helping procure good legal representation and through pulling the few strings we may have with our elected officials to put pressure on the right places to keep this investigation heading in the right direction.

To answer the question of compassion from across the aisle with the mainstream Freemason's. Apparently, if this man felt so distressed as to used the loudest podium in which to use the words that accompany the grand hailing sign of distress then I surmise that he must not have been receiving much assistance at all.

It is times like these that a chameleon shows its true colors. All other colors that he uses are to blend in. To my Prince Hall Affiliated Mason's you know what we need to do so let's do it and show our community that we still look after our own.

Travelling Man91 likes this.
  18. Ripcord22A

Im sorry that you belong to so many segregated organizations. None of my lodges are. We have have blacks, whites, Hispanics, jews, christians, muslims, asians ect ect.

Im not saying you created the division in the country, but by subscribing to it you allow it to continue. And as for wearing things that ID you as a Mason when you stand for what ever ideal it is you are standing up for, whether its the fact that you want the Girl Scouts to sell more Samoa cookies or that killing a cop should be considered a hate crime or that you think that everytime a cop kills someone a cop should also be killed(not saying you believe in any of those) but by wearing a visible S&C or anything else masonic you give the appearance that the fraternatiy as a whole support it. Hence why service members are not prohibitied from attending rallys and protests but are prohibited from wearing uniforms or IDing themselves as service members.

19. R. Jacques Johnson

My problem is that it was used in a political situation. He wasnt in a situation where that was his only way to ask for help.

Again, what was political about him asking for help? Also, who are you to determine what situation he is in to use it or who he has to call and ask for help when the cameras stop rolling?

It's great that you lodge is not segregated. I do know that Freemasonry is not above the stench of racism in their country. The Shriners, Elks and Odd Fellows are also participants in the systemic racism in this country.

But when this Freemason uses the grand hailing sign it is met with conjecture rather than assistance. Maybe I am seeing it through the eyes of a man that was once destitute. Maybe I took a different obligation than everyone else. Maybe this is all a rouse and not really. A brotherhood of men. I have been wrong before. I pray to God that I am not wrong this time.

I already knew what it was when I picked it up so I am not surprised. I don't want to beat a dead horse so I am done with this topic. Again thank you for the assistance with contacting the distressed brother.

20. Travelling Man91

If a regular freemason is in distress then he should be given aid. Who are we to judge and contemplate if he was really in distress. I pray that if I am ever in distress, brothers hasten to my relief without taking the time to wonder if I am in real need.

Sent from my 831C using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    caution22113 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry