Fraternal Greetings and Passwords

Discussion in 'Masonic Jocularity and Merriment' started by Andy Fracica, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Andy Fracica

Andy Fracica Site Benefactor Premium Member

2. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Don't forget a "Special Character!"

3. Kilbride

Kilbride Registered User

Fraternal greetings Lagos Nigeria

4. Kilbride

Kilbride Registered User

Please if I'm seen, let someone respond to me

5. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

6. Kilbride

Kilbride Registered User

Warrior it's not funny, I need help on how to contact an existing member in my jurisdiction

7. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

We can’t help you in Nigeria: we have no influence there.

You need to be sponsored by a long-time Master Mason - it will cost the equivalent of hundreds of US dollars and from 6 months to 3 years to become a full member of a Masonic lodge

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

8. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

Do NOT believe the LIES/MYTHS that Masonry makes its members RICH & POWERFUL. And strictly speaking only Masonic brothers can exchange fraternal greetings

NAIJABRO likes this.
  9. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

Google the Grand Lodge of Nigeria and make sure that you want to join for the right reasons.

10. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

Why Warrior1256 found this humorous is that everyday this forum receives requests for help in joining. This forum is based in Texas. Why the urgency?

Warrior1256 likes this.
  11. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

Requests for help come from your part of the world - Nigeria, Ghana,etc

12. Kilbride

Kilbride Registered User

I duly tender my sincere apologies for exchanging a fraternal greetings. Perharps, I felt I'm a brother already due to my constant dreams and my thoughts on joining this brotherhood. Earnestly i felt a soothe relief when I found a grand lodge in my country.

The help I've been seeking is on how to locate a grand master in my country to help me get a petition since all my request through the grand lodge Secretary is futile.

13. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

bupton52 likes this.
  14. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

You’re approaching this all wrong -if you want to know how to get a petition then tell me WHY you want to be a Mason.

Your terminology is incorrect-the grand master and grand secretary work only with worshipful masters of the local lodge.

15. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

The Grand Master is probably like equivalent to the “president” of all masons and masonic lodges in Nigeria. They do not usually deal with other than local lodge officers.

16. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

My laughter was directed at the cartoon, BUT if my laughter had been toward your comment.....
    Correct. It has been stated over and over in this forum that we CAN NOT assist people in joining Masonry. We can only tell you to contact the Grand Lodge that has jurisdiction over your area OR tell you that you are out of luck if Freemasonry is illegal in your area.

17. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

The only people who can help you become a Mason are IN NIGERIA- we have no authority to act or recommend on your behalf - the grand lodges of the world are all independent and do not interfere with other grand lodge’s policies

Warrior1256 likes this.
  18. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

I understand it is quite costly and time consuming to be a Mason in Nigeria - you will probably need to have in disposable money, several hundred US dollars for application fees degree fees annual dues and charity contributions

19. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

And time frame can take up to THREE YEARS during which time you will be voluntarily be helping out at the lodge and doing whatever studies the lodge requires of you to be a Master Mason

20. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

I see that either you are NOT reading the previous posts in this thread - I can only conclude that a) you are deliberately ignoring them and/or b) you have problems with English proficiency and understanding clear and concise English - I am breaking contact with you

Mark Petro and Warrior1256 like this.

Share My Freemasonry