Freemason Lodges in Prison ??

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Travelling Man91, Oct 27, 2015.

1. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Every jurisdiction I am a member of has slightly different signs. Subtle differences like feet pointing a 45 degrees to forward versus one foot straight forward or straight movements versus curved movements. The only one that is obviously different is in Texas one of the movements of the FC one is in a different order.

2. Travelling Man91

Travelling Man91 Registered User

What about Prince Hall compared to others ?

3. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

I don't think He would.

4. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

In some lodges I know, you are probably correct, but are other lodges where just occasionally He does bother.

5. caution22113

caution22113 Registered User

From what I've observed, the signs are basically the sameā€¦ the differences are the movements to get to the signs

6. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Ill let u know after the 19th...my lodge here in NM along with the GM of NM is visiting the PHA lodge during their GMs official visit...should be a great night

7. Ripcord22A

Well my GAOTU is chuck norris....i dont think he worries him self with what lodges are doing

All hail the chuck!

8. Ripcord22A

You do know the "genuine" secrets are just part of the myth right? That HA wasnt a real person?

9. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

It rather seems that Hiram is a status name rather than a personal name.

The HR root seems to mean "high born"

Thus we have the heroes: Hiram (2), Horus (2), Hermes, Hercules, and even a female Hera.

The loss of the genuine secrets seems not to have been known before 1725. Why not?

10. CloseYetFar

CloseYetFar Registered User

Check 1 Kings 7:13-46. This is where the reference comes from for a certain part of the ritual.

11. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

To tell the subtle differences jurisdiction to jurisdiction I would have to attend not just Stated meetings and degrees, but specific ritual instruction. So far I have been to PHA meetings not to specific ritual instruction. The subtle differences in direction the feet point or rounded versus squared arm movements are only obvious if you already know exactly what to look for and the person doing it knows the exact movements to use. There's enough blurring when done on the fly the details get lost.

At Texas PHA I don't remember being confused by the order of their movements for FC the way I did in GLofTX. They use the non-Texas common order. I still find it hard in my Texas lodge to use the Texas order in FC.

Thinking back about out of jurisdiction visitors I've seen -

The 2 years we lived in Seattle metro we got plenty of visitors from BC, CA. The positions of the hands after the movements is much more formal when they do it. It appears they teach more about where the hands end up in BC, CA than any of my US jurisdictions do.

Travelling Man91 likes this.
  12. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

The mirror has two faces.

One view of the genuine secrets is they are the operative stonework known to men who were once the insiders and who had gradually become the outsiders.

Another view is a view of human nature prevalent a few centuries ago that the ancients had inside knowledge of human nature that had gradually been driven outside as modern civilization pervaded.

13. Travelling Man91

I've always wondered if Prince Hall and other regular masons have different signs, let's say a Prince Hall mason was using a sign to find a brother, and another regular mason seen it but the sign was different from what he was taught, would he obey the sign that the Prince Hall mason had used ?

14. NY.Light.II

NY.Light.II Registered User

If the signs are different and unrecognizable, kinda undercuts the reason for them, no?

15. Travelling Man91

Well how would you know if they are different, that's why I'm asking

16. NY.Light.II

NY.Light.II Registered User

I certainly don't know. I've not been initiated into any lodge. Mine was just an observation. Curious to see other responses.

17. caution22113

caution22113 Registered User

If you have received your degrees the signs will be recognizable. The differences are minimal.

Travelling Man91 likes this.
  18. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

Google. Women's freemasonry in Cuba

See the. Havana times April 2010 article

Share My Freemasonry