My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freemasonry in Israel

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
I can't read the article because I don't have a subscription. But starting off with "The grand master of an Israeli branch says the organization is 'Boy Scouts for adult' and joining is as easy as sending an email...", doesn't sound like an organization I'd want to join. Granted this is from an American in his mid-30's. Their target audience may feel differently than I do.

Bloke

Premium Member
I can't read the article because I don't have a subscription. But starting off with "The grand master of an Israeli branch says the organization is 'Boy Scouts for adult' and joining is as easy as sending an email...", doesn't sound like an organization I'd want to join. Granted this is from an American in his mid-30's. Their target audience may feel differently than I do.
It's amazing how many ex-Scouts (and current Scouts) are in the Craft - they would not take exception to that description but would see it as a gross simplification.

Were you a Scout Goomba ? (I was not).

I get a bit more ".......The grand master of an Israeli branch says the organization is 'Boy Scouts for adults' and joining is as easy as sending an email – for men, that is"

Ah, that old nugget.

Bloke

Premium Member
(oh - and I love the collar jewel in the news article... anyone know which office it is for ?)

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
To be clear I have no issue with scouting at all. I think it's a good organization. But just as the Elks are like the Craft they aren't the same.

In the USA about 25% of Master Masons are military veterans. But I would say that Freemasonry is like the VFW.

To me it just sounds like a Grand Master taking the uniqueness from the fraternity to make it like an organization people approve of.

I'll still state I couldn't read the article so I may be way way off base on this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
An Israeli friend of mine posted this on Facebook yesterday and I shared it on my wall.
The grand master of an Israeli branch says the organization is 'Boy Scouts for adults' and joining is as easy as sending an email – for men, that is"

Ah, that old nugget.
Yep, that's a sticking point alright, lol.