Freemasonry

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Illuminated, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Bro Darren

Bro Darren Premium Member

Loved it :)

2. Silje-Madeleine

Silje-Madeleine Registered User

Hahaha:p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Freemason Connect HD mobile app

3. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Step away from the internet, and the books, and find a Lodge. Speak to Freemasons, learn from them.

4. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

To be honest, I can't entirely understand what you are asking. Whatever it is, keying off your use of the word "global," the answer is no. Freemasonry has no global goal because there is no central global authority, despite what the tin foil hat crowd will have you think.

AmigoKZ likes this.
  5. BryanMaloney

BryanMaloney Premium Member

Ask 10 Master Masons that, get 15 distinct and contradictory reponses. Does that answer your question?

AmigoKZ likes this.
  6. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

I am not able to answer what all MMs think about anything. There a several million worldwide, so that means you probably have about as many opinions on any given subject. I think it is safe to say we all have a positive outlook for the future of the world, and the vast majority of us are willing to do our part to make the world a better place. I feel certain that all Masons, as well as non Masons, understand that we are going to die. All living things die at some point. I am unaware of any doctrine about a cataclysmic event that will take us all out at once. Freemasonry doesn't work that way.

Freemasonry is a fraternal organization dedicated to making good men, as well as our communities, better. There is no global cabal of Masons running anything. Heck, most of us don't even run our own households. We answer to our wives!

AmigoKZ likes this.
  7. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

As mentioned, we're a group of individuals, so our responses will all differ.
    For myself, I know that I can truly change just one man, and I can only hope that it will help in changing the world.

AmigoKZ likes this.
  8. phulseapple

phulseapple Premium Member

That is a personal opinion, we as an institution would not have an accounting of such things.

AmigoKZ likes this.
  9. Mike Martin

Mike Martin Eternal Apprentice Premium Member

There is absolutely no way to find out the answer to such a question. Being master masons does not mean that we have a "hive mind" approach to life,love and the universe, as mentioned before eaxgh of us is an individual.

There are soem questions that you could get an answer to for example: Do all all Freemasons believe that there is a Creator responsible for the Universe? Now here's a question which can be answered as we must all believ in this precept.

That, however, is about the only question that can be asked and answered of all Master Masons.

AmigoKZ likes this.
  10. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I read both of these when starting out in the degrees and learned a lot.

Share My Freemasonry