My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

from middle east

atrin

hi:
i am from iran country. i want to join to freemasonry
is there a masonry lodge near my country?
meanwhile i can go to DUBAI (uae)

David612

Hello,
Have a look into your local laws, Freemasonry is illegal in many Middle Eastern countries.
There IS a grand lodge of Iran however as they are in exile and operate out of Massachusetts the commute would be a little rough..
Dubai is a bit of a question mark, I haven’t heard of offical Masonic activity there nor do I know the legal status of Freemasonry in Dubai.

Last edited:

hfmm97

Premium Member
Iran used to EXECUTE Freemasons after the revolution of the late 1970s by public hanging. I don’t think that the Iranian government policies have changed.
Also, Freemasonry is wrongly believed to be pro-Zionist and anti-Islamic

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

dfreybur

Premium Member
Hello,
Have a look into your local laws, Freemasonry is illegal in many Middle Eastern countries.
There IS a grand lodge of Iran however as they are in exile and operate out of Massachusetts the commute would be a little rough..
Dubai is a bit of a question mark, I haven’t heard of offical Masonic activity there nor do I know the legal status of Freemasonry in Dubai.

The Grand Lodge of Iran in Exile was founded in Los Angeles and recognized by the Grand Lodge of California. Yet nearly all their meetings are in Massachusetts. We talk about travel in symbolic terms. Clearly GLofIR-in-Exile takes the word travel literally.