My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fundraiser suggestions

Markjr1997

Looking for fundraiser suggestions. We seek a smoked Boston butt every year around Christmas and it goes pretty good. I just got elected as Junior Warden at my lodge and would like to gather some suggestions for other ideas that work well in other lodges.

Sent from my SM-G960U using My Freemasonry mobile app

CLewey44

I've always wondered how hosting a 5k would go. Some proceeds to Shriners hospital perhaps and some to your lodge. Some companies will host them for you but they obviously take a cut of your revenue. Be a lot less daunting that way. Boston seems like a runners town.

Also if it's nice do some advertising to rent out for events like wedding receptions etc.

LK600

Premium Member
Yard sale where Brothers donate old/unwanted items for the Lodge to sell for cash, Golfing events, Bake sales, Bowling event, raffles... etc. I'll try and think of more after work.

Winter

Premium Member
How much do you need to raise? Enough for snacks for the lodge or to cover operating costs throughout the year?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

David612

What are your dues like currently?

Depending on your lodge the majority may prefer to chuck in a hundred rather than lose the time fundraising

Last edited:

Gordon Berg

At Nepenthe B&B- Resort in the rain forest overlooking Lake ARNEAL and the ARNEAL Volcano, we host a "Chefs in Paradise" for Hospice of California and this will be our 3rd Annual to be held in June, 2019. We sell 20 tickets ( 40 people) for 5 nights at Nepenthe which includes a daily breakfast, a demonstration dinner on Friday and another demonstration dinner on Saturday and a sit down 5 coarse meal on Sunday by our celebraty chefs. Half the proceeds go to Hospice. This has been a valuable fund raiser for a worthy cause we believe it could be expanded to other origanizations as a fund raiser and have a great time in the jungle. We have also offer this package to Hospice as a live auction event at the yearly Hospice Gala for 6 years and it has always been a successful fund raiser.
Contact. Nepenthe-CostaRica.com or phone USA 209-531-7465 for more information.

jermy Bell

Craps games in the basement ? Idk. This has been one of those things at our lodge NO ONE can agree on. It's either been done and died horribly, or no one has anytime. The pancake breakfast is ok, but over done. Some lodges south of me sell BBQ , BBQ pork plates, a couple does hamburgers, brats, and hot dogs and canned soda or water.

Winter

Premium Member
This is going to sound harsh but I think it needs to be said more often. If your Lodge's dues do not cover its operating expenses and building maintenance, then you either need to reevaluate your dues structure or look for ways to lower operating costs. Too many Lodges budget money they plan to make by fundraising to cover their expenses. That is no way to operate.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
This is going to sound harsh but I think it needs to be said more often. If your Lodge's dues do not cover its operating expenses and building maintenance, then you either need to reevaluate your dues structure or look for ways to lower operating costs.
Yep!

CLewey44

Not sure where you are but many areas have OTO, HOGD, BOTA or even AMORC that may need places to hold their meetings. If any other non-Masonic Orders seek a place to meet, you may could provide that for them.

You could also offer some appendant bodies an alternative, less expensive place to meet. I know that may take away from another lodge but it is a free market. However, that may not be worth the kickback you could receive.

Oddly enough, many small theaters often seek places to put their shows on at.

At the end of the day, you may have to raise dues for real. Dues have been insanely low over the last several decades (compared to other countries, EC and TO here) in an effort to keep members and obviously that hasn't worked.