My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fundraising and Sponsoring in Texas

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Why is it permissible for Lodges to host pancake breakfasts, chili dinners, etc. to raise funds, yet those very same funds cannot go towards sponsoring a local little league team? As I've stated in previous posts, I see the Lions and Rotary very proactive in my community, yet our Lodge seems to be limited to a handful of newspaper articles.

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
I always assumed (might be wrong), that we have our own Masonic youth groups, that have inter league competitions. Grand Lodge would prefer that brothers would use DeMolay as their first avenue for youth involvement (even though you cannot join until you are 12).

The same issue has come up before, with little success. :(

S&F,
-Bro Vick

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
PHA is VERY active here in Bagram hosting events and dances, hardly a day goes by without my seeing a PHA flyer posted about an event. Also their youth program starts at 8, where as our starts at 12 - we are not nearly as active in the community. Perhaps we can establish a program on our own that is permissible by the GLoTX, I would very much like my 8 year old son to become involved.

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
Because of their (PHA) involvement in the community here at Bagram they are averaging 10 (classes vary from 7-17) new MM's every 3 months. They have charity drives where they give clothing to the Aghan community in our free trade zone. Every wednesday they help the afghan kids learn english and American history. Every Sunday they act as ushers at the base churches and clean up after mass.

In no way am a suggesting the mass raising of MM's is advisable but it is hard to ignore the fact that as their numbers grow ours fall and they are much more involved in the community than we are.