My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gay Men in Masonry

Should gay men be allowed to join Masonry?

• Yes

Votes: 34 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLewey44

Most people don't seem to mind. Others may just be uncomfortable with it due to religious views I think or they just aren't comfortable with it in general. As a matter of fact, statistically, there is likely at least one or two gay men in most lodges and the other fellas just don't know it since it is not apart of the screening process.

BullDozer Harrell

Any thoughts on gay men being able to join Masonry? I know this topic has been hit on a lot but I work with a man that is gay and interested in Masonry. He's a Marine, upstanding guy but he is gay and has a partner. Would any of you object to allowing a gay man join? Would you be comfortable in that situation?
That would be an issue for the particular lodge whenever it comes before them to decide. If there's a silence in the law then it's open discussion for them to exercise their will & pleasure.

Lodges are strange sometimes though. Just like the people who make up their membership. Rather than vote with their own hearts and mind, some guys just go with the flow. Supposedly 'to preserve peace & harmony within'. Yeah right.

Keith C

I can't believe this is even being entertain.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Welcome to the forum! Quite an enigmatic first post. Can you expand on your comment? What is it you are tying to get across? Several complete sentences explaining your position on the subject being discussed would be quite helpful to contribute to the conversation.

Bloke

Premium Member
I can't believe this is even being entertain.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Either way it's a dead end comment. Whether i and other readers agree with his view is irrelevant. His position seems fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWS

LK600

Premium Member
I personally am not joining this or any other group to espouse my, or any other members heterosexuality. Nor would I be interested in seeing / hearing anyone else's homosexuality. So, I'm not sure what someone's sexuality has to do with anything. And lastly, let's not get into the "it's against my religious beliefs and is a sin" argument. Being Christian myself, I would gladly explain how that argument doesn't support ostracizing a person for one sin while completely ignoring thousands more to fit your desires is worse. A sin is a sin correct? let's move on.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I personally am not joining this or any other group to espouse my, or any other members heterosexuality. Nor would I be interested in seeing / hearing anyone else's homosexuality. So, I'm not sure what someone's sexuality has to do with anything.
Sounds good to me.
let's not get into the "it's against my religious beliefs and is a sin" argument. Being Christian myself, I would gladly explain how that argument doesn't support ostracizing a person for one sin while completely ignoring thousands more to fit your desires is worse.
Agreed!

RayverInColorado

I personally am not joining this or any other group to espouse my, or any other members heterosexuality. Nor would I be interested in seeing / hearing anyone else's homosexuality. So, I'm not sure what someone's sexuality has to do with anything. And lastly, let's not get into the "it's against my religious beliefs and is a sin" argument. Being Christian myself, I would gladly explain how that argument doesn't support ostracizing a person for one sin while completely ignoring thousands more to fit your desires is worse. A sin is a sin correct? let's move on.

SMIB

Sent from my iPad using My Freemasonry mobile app

PhoenixPelican99

Sexuality is the raw form of sensual and spiritual practices. There are lodges that rely more heavily on "Christian Ways" than the original ways of mysticism. The mastery that Christ wielded. It is long believed that Jesus had bisexual sensual relationships with his disciples and with Mary Magdalene. It is probable that this balanced energy in his body allowed it to raise to such level that he was then able to perform what seemed like "miracles". A man or woman's sensuality determines the level at which he or she attains self mastery.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Sexuality is the raw form of sensual and spiritual practices. There are lodges that rely more heavily on "Christian Ways" than the original ways of mysticism. The mastery that Christ wielded. It is long believed that Jesus had bisexual sensual relationships with his disciples and with Mary Magdalene. It is probable that this balanced energy in his body allowed it to raise to such level that he was then able to perform what seemed like "miracles". A man or woman's sensuality determines the level at which he or she attains self mastery.
Wtf? Seriously?

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member

There are going to be many of us here that would like to see this post/comment explained a bit better. I can personally see that it is already creating a stir.

Sent from my iPad using My Freemasonry mobile app

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I would be interested in a reference to Christ's supposed bisexuality.
There has long been a theme that he and Mary Magdalene were married, and even that the wedding in Caanan was his.

GKA

Premium Member

You need to cite references when you make a comment like this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.