My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give it to me straight

David612

I'm interested in joining because I know I'll be able to.
Keep in mind that acceptance to the Fraternity is not a right or sure thing afforded any man.
The most you can hope for is to patition, be candid and see IF the lodge will have you- to join is a privilege.

Awoken

Keep in mind that acceptance to the Fraternity is not a right or sure thing afforded any man.
The most you can hope for is to patition, be candid and see IF the lodge will have you- to join is a privilege.
When I said Ill be able to I meant I know I'll be able to scratch the surface and go deeper into the knowledge. I was replying to someone who said I didn't know anything about the ancient truths. I was not implying I know for sure I'll become a mason.

David612

When I said Ill be able to I meant I know I'll be able to scratch the surface and go deeper into the knowledge. I was replying to someone who said I didn't know anything about the ancient truths. I was not implying I know for sure I'll become a mason.
Fair enough, can be hard to convey tone and inflection via text.
Can I give you advise I insist you take to heart- Abandon the notion on low and high ranking Masons, in practice there is no degree higher than the third, every degree numerically higher is in reality a lateral move in terms of “rank” as it isn’t relevant to the Blue lodge but rather side orders you may or may not be qualified to join, i for example will never be able to claim the rank of 32 or 33 as in my area the only Scottish rite requires a trinitarian Christian faith- I cannot profess this, as men who meet on the level “rank” holds no benefit in terms of the ability to reap the benefits of freemasonry.
I myself am a fellowcraft- in many US constitutions I would have achieved this rank on my second meeting, Here people take months or years between degrees- at my lodge I’m still exposed to more light than I can process every meeting.

hfmm97

Premium Member
Bro Book-Thanks for your input: I confirmed with a Masonic brother from South America that early in their Masonic careers they are required to do research into different Masonic and non-Masonic subjects and present papers in front of their respective lodges (like research lodges in the USA and elsewhere) in addition to the memory work of each degree-and it can take over 3 years to do the work to be raised to the sublime degree of a Master Mason

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I confirmed with a Masonic brother from South America that early in their Masonic careers they are required to do research into different Masonic and non-Masonic subjects and present papers in front of their respective lodges (like research lodges in the USA and elsewhere) in addition to the memory work of each degree-and it can take over 3 years to do the work to be raised to the sublime degree of a Master Mason
Wow! Obviously dedicated people!