Giving up the Craft

Discussion in 'Prince Hall Freemasonry' started by Cookboy4200, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Cookboy4200

Cookboy4200 Registered User

Anybody ever thought about giving up the craft because of so many bros who should have never been accepted?

Freemason Connect Mobile

2. 2B1

2B1 Registered User

People are people where ever you go. My mentor told me that brothers are men before they become Freemasons. That said...sometimes we bring our "stuff" to the lodge with us. Masonry is about building a particular type of man, and that man would not throw away the craft because there are brothers that do not fit the bill. Be the change that you want to see. Get involved. Be more active. Attract like-minded brothers and candidates. Don't give up.

Freemason Connect Mobile

3. Cookboy4200

Cookboy4200 Registered User

It's embarrassing to see some Bro's do the things they do. Treating freemasonry like it's a gang.

Freemason Connect Mobile

4. 2B1

2B1 Registered User

Brother...you have the right and even he obligation to "tenderly remind" your brothers when they are wrong. Either way, if you are unable or unwilling to affect change, then do not give up he craft. Is seeking another lodge an option?

Freemason Connect Mobile

5. bryant atwater

bryant atwater Registered User

Hi bro, im new here!" Open minded to new information. My Grandfather is a mason. He past away.

Freemason Connect Mobile

6. DJGurkins

DJGurkins Floresville #515 Premium Member

Your sentiment made me think of something my grandfather use to tell me when I was a teenager. You can only hope to effect change in what you represent. He told me that was to be taken as that it is best to lead by example than to try to instruct. That is what I have always tried to do. when that don't work I try to engage the person with questions as if I would like to learn so as not to offend the person. this works most of the time. Just my .02 worth anyhow. Good luck and don't give up.

7. Onondaga32SD

Onondaga32SD Registered User

You're a master mason of yourself my brother, conduct yourself by your tools and teachings, never let anyone dim or put out your light and what you sought after.

8. bryant atwater

Thankyou brother.

Freemason Connect Mobile

9. Aeelorty

Aeelorty Registered User

I have never thought of giving up the craft but I know brothers who have felt that way. Never give up, fight the good fight and all that jazz. Become the freemason you wish to become and if it is the correct way then eventually it will win out. Be patient and like water.

10. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Exactly! *Be* the Masonry you think Masonry should be. Don't worry about the folks who aren't interested in the parts you are interested in.

11. bryant atwater

Brothers, i need some insight ,when dealing with baffling,cunning people, when im around a room full of clique type people that puts themselves on peddle stools?

Freemason Connect Mobile

12. bryant atwater

My loyalty! I will stand strong. Love you my brothers.

Freemason Connect Mobile

13. Aeelorty

Aeelorty Registered User

What do you mean when dealing with cunning etc ppl? what are you having problems with?

14. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Sounds like high school. Be an adult I figure. It's okay to set a better example than those around you. "Me make good men better" so may as well go about it that way.

15. CzarAlexis

CzarAlexis Registered User

Gangsters?

Freemason Connect Mobile

16. 2B1

2B1 Registered User

Hopefully the gang reference is hyperbole.Sometimes people get excited to be a member of a group. Human beings are "pack animals", that said, when we find a pack that has colors, ritual, and pageantry some forget the purpose and the principle. They forget the obligation. It happens. But I am all but certain that using the word "gang" is over stating the case.

Freemason Connect Mobile

17. Heart of Stone

Heart of Stone Registered User

I understand what he's saying about guys treating it like a gang.Most of the younger guys are show offs and they run around playing with the craft, truly giving it a bad name.

Freemason Connect Mobile

18. bryant atwater

Thanks for understanding. Because this is a esoteric gift. I truly believe!" Because everything is not for everybody.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Freemasonry mobile app

19. rg12

rg12 Registered User

I'm new so I need people to help me to become a mason

Freemason Connect Mobile

20. dannu

dannu Registered User

Me 2

Freemason Connect Mobile

Share My Freemasonry