My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GLofCA - Recognition clean up - Fill in the blanks

dfreybur

Premium Member
Last night I put into the mail the following legislation for Grand Lodge in California. I've corresponded with a couple of MW GMs on GL programs and with the Gr Sec on recognition. I've spoken at the microphone at GLs. This is the first time I've ever put legislation into the signature process in any of my jurisdictions.

Grand Lodge in California is in October with a May deadline for submissions. Because brothers want to wait to see if the Proceedings from the previous year are published, the April Stated meeting is the one most legislation is presented to local lodges. I've seen this happen before and now I'm doing the same.

In California any "member of Grand Lodge" can write legislation and present it at Stated meetings trying to get signatures. PMs, WMs, SWs and JWs are members of Grand Lodge. So are current and Past elected grand officers and some others. As a California PM I get to try it.

In California it takes 3 "member of Grand Lodge" signatures for legislation to be forwarded to the Gr Sec for inclusion on the docket at GL. I expect this item to be unopposed at my lodge and get at least the 3 signatures there. I expect this item to be unopposed at the the GL meeting.

I urge any Brother who is allowed to vote at GL to present legislation to fill in the blanks at any GL that does not do "blanket recognition". Here is the list of GLs already covered bu "blanket recognition" - http://bessel.org/masrec/phablanket.htm Unfortunately the page is no longer maintained.

Resolution to present at Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge of California, October 28-30, 2016

Resolution submitted by Douglas J Freyburger PM Pasadena 272 and approved by the undersigned.

Whereas it has been more than twenty years since the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of California and Hawaii was recognized, and

Whereas, the Grand Lodge of California has traditionally extended invitations for mutual recognition to all Prince Hall Affiliated jurisdictions as they have achieved recognition with the local Grand Lodge in its territory, and

Whereas it is time to review the list of regular and recognized Prince Hall Affiliation jurisdictions and send invitations to any not already listed by the Grand Lodge of California, therefore

Be it resolved that the Grand Secretary send notices of recognition to the following Prince Hall Affiliated jurisdictions –

Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Delaware
Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Rhode Island
Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Ontario.

Respectfully submitted,

Douglas John Freyburger PM Pasadena 272
February 12th 2016

Justification associated with the resolution – These three jurisdictions are currently recognized locally as well as by the United Grand Lodge of England so we should recognize them as well.