My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to be a Shriner

Txmason

I will be initiated Monday, September 19,2011 at the Arabia Shrine Center in Houston, Texas. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow brothers and nobles!

Best,
Jerry
"Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing."
Steven Tyler, Aerosmith

appzdude

I just joined Ben Hur Shriners. Not sure what unit or club I want to join yet. Plan to attend the Galveston Burn Center trip Nov 4th.

sands67

Premium Member
Congratulations Brother. I became a Shriner in Mazol 2 years ago. It has been a very worthwhile experience knowing you are helping children with your work. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Txmason

@appzdude

Where and what is Ben Hur?

Also love the screenname does that mean you build apps for iPhones? That is something I am interested in along with learn how to build a website for our lodge. Any advice suggestions or help?

Best,
Jerry

appzdude

Txmason said:
@appzdude

Also love the screenname does that mean you build apps for iPhones? That is something I am interested in along with learn how to build a website for our lodge. Any advice suggestions or help?

Best,
Jerry

@Jerry, Ben Hur is the Austin, TX Shrine Temple.

appzdude

Txmason said:
@appzdude

Best,
Jerry

I don't program. I just help people who are having trouble with them.

Txmason

Looking forward to meeting other Nobles

If any Brothers whom are Shriners or will be Shriners that will be at the Monday night September 19,2011 stated meeting at the Arabia Shrine Center on Harwin in Houston, Texas. Please let me know so that I can meet you!

Best,
Jerry

choppersteve03

Premium Member
Sorry brother not a shriner, iam joining the mystic order of the veiled prophets of the enchanted realm, the grotto for short. They are just like the shrine,but we help cerabalpalsy kids,its also got the bad rap as, the poor mans shrine(wich it isn't).

Txmason

That sounds interesting. I have Cerebral Palsy. I was born three months premature, weighing one pound 12 and a 1/2 ounces. I was not expected to live. I spent four months in Texas Children's Hospital in Houston before I went home in Feb of 1980. I was born October 11, 1980. When I got home, I was on a heart monitor too. I went to PT, OT, and Speech therapy. 30 years later I have been truly blessed, I am a pilot, accomplished professional photographer, have a AA Degree, BS Degree and am a mason. I am interested in learning to SCUBA dive. I was a volunteer firefighter.

If I can help out let me know. check out the website.

Best,
Jerry

www.yourreflectionphotography.com
Marshal 2011-2012
San Jacinto Lodge #106
Willis, Texas

Nate Riley

Premium Member
Good Choice! I wish I could be there.

For those who are going on a hospital tour, you better be emotionally prepared. Those are absolutlely amazing places. I had trouble swallowing for about a day!

Txmason - Get with some of the Nobles that drive the vans (see Duncan Chapman) and ride with them sometime. You won't regret it.