My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

golden trowel question

fairbanks1363pm

I know you cant give 2 golden trowel awards the same evening unless you have permission. What about giving the golden trowel and community bulder award on the same night? our golden trowel winner(my dad) wants to do this.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Kinbda takes away from the acomplishment of both people, to me it is just proper to do one award a night. Your Dad sounds like a Masons Mason and if I were you I would sneak behind his back and plan him a barn burner. The Golden Trowel is no small thing nor the Comunity Builder so I would honor each on their own night.

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
The Golden Trowel Award in the highest honor the Grand Lodge of Texas has, and should be given to a deserving person, so it should not be given at the same time of any other award, congratulation to your Dad.

fairbanks1363pm

he is the one who wants to do them both at the same time. while trying to please him gotta make sure were not breaking any laws.

Robert Marshall

Secretary, Waco 92
Premium Member
Well, again, I'm with the others on thinking that he's the man of the night. Explain to him that it'd be nice to spend the evening honoring him and the many, many, ways he has contributed to Masonry as well as the community.

nick1368

why is he wanting to do them both on the same night? just curious. i agree with the other brothers. These should be done on seperate occasions as they each deserve to have the lime light one at a time.