My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand college of Rites

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Can any one tell me anything other then what is on their website?

Also Im going to be giving a presentation on the lesser known appendant bodies like the AMDs and the rites that the college keeps, any info would be greatly appreciated.

chrmc

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
yes on the Rites, Ive found some info on Wikipedia...but come on it wiki cant really trust that. Also trying to get as much info as I can on the stories behind the rites and other degrees that are not as well known. Like I said im going to be giving a presentation in lodge next month

chrmc

yes on the Rites, Ive found some info on Wikipedia...but come on it wiki cant really trust that. Also trying to get as much info as I can on the stories behind the rites and other degrees that are not as well known. Like I said im going to be giving a presentation in lodge next month

Well if you check it you'll see that presently they are up to 23 volumes of Collectanea, so it is quite a number of rites that they cover. Some of them obscure and not well known.
If you just want one to cover in a presentation I'd suggest to focus on the Memphis and Misraim one. It's the most well known, still in use in clandestine organizations and has the famous 99 degrees.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
it says that you can only get their Collectanea if you are a member though. That's why I was asking on here.

Bloke

Premium Member
And I should have looked at their web site. I was thinking they were an order when they look like an opetative study group who keep ritual alive. You'll still like that link if you are not aware of that site

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Yeah I found that, but im trying to get more info
To get more info on the specific rites covered by the Grand College of Rites, you must join to get access to the information. I've been a member since 2012 and I've attended the last 3 meetings at Masonic Week, and I've enjoyed my time in.