My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Lodge 2011

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Shoot, depending on work schedule and such I may even make the trip for a MoT meet-up. I think it would be loads of fun to actually get to meet some of you guys face to face.

tomasball

Premium Member
The Committee on Fraternal Relations recommended a delegation meet with their counterparts in the MWGLTPHA and hammer out the wording of the "compact" for both bodies to adopt. Apparently the PH GL wants it to be pretty restrictive, as in having to go through the Grand Secretary to get permission to intervisit. And they seem to be pretty adamant about no wanting to allow dual memberships.

Mac

Premium Member
Apparently the PH GL wants it to be pretty restrictive, as in having to go through the Grand Secretary to get permission to intervisit. And they seem to be pretty adamant about no wanting to allow dual memberships.
Is there an official source for this information?

tomasball

Premium Member
Yes. The official source is to sit through Grand Lodge and listen to the report. Otherwise, you will have to wait for the written prodeedings to come out next year. I suppose if you don't consider that fair, you can go to the Grand Secretary's office and demand to read the written report of the Committee on Fraternal Relations.

Mac

Premium Member
I consider that more than fair. I just know the issue is a touchy one, and appreciate the information.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
The Committee on Fraternal Relations recommended a delegation meet with their counterparts in the MWGLTPHA and hammer out the wording of the "compact" for both bodies to adopt. Apparently the PH GL wants it to be pretty restrictive, as in having to go through the Grand Secretary to get permission to intervisit. And they seem to be pretty adamant about no wanting to allow dual memberships.

Thanks for the information!