Grand Lodge of Kansas withdraws recognition from the Grand Lodge of Arkansas

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by MRichard, Mar 16, 2018.

1. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

2. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

I saw the story, does anyone have any information regarding why this came about?

Warrior1256 likes this.
  3. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I would like to know this also.

4. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

If this is indeed about treatment of our PHA Brothers, I rather like that some GL has started the pressure to become civilized.

If this is about the Shrine disaster, my response to the Shrine disaster in AR has always been a rude word.

MRichard and goomba like this.
  5. chrmc

chrmc Registered User

The story is updated with info now, but if anyone has been following Masonic news, it's not a big surprise. GL of Cuba has not done enough to stop clandestine lodges in Florida after warnings, and GL of Arkansas is just an absolute dumpter fire.

6. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

The title says suspends recognition from both but it says withdraws recognition for Grand Lodge of Arkansas. That's a big difference.

Bloke likes this.
  7. Phil P

Phil P Registered User

Any chance that some of the other GLs will follow KS lead in regards to AR?

8. Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776 Registered User

The article does mention issues with Prince Hall recognition. I live in Arkansas and was raised in an Arkansas Lodge. I am also a Shriner but demited to a Lodge in Missouri over the.....to put it politely.....kerfuffle with Shrine. Arkansas Masonry is in deep trouble, caused, in my opinion, by stubbornly clinging to some old and misunderstood notions, their ridiculous rift with Shrine which has caused many hundreds of Arkansas members to demit out of state. The Arkansas Grand Lodge is going broke. But, good news is the new GWM is attempting to change things. (I see on my computer screen listing of other "similar threads" here. I do hope Arkansas Masonry does turn around and become truly masonic-like again.

Bloke, MRichard and Glen Cook like this.

Share My Freemasonry