My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Lodge of Missouri: New Grand Secretary Appointed

by Christopher Hodapp

MW Richard W. Kaeser, Jr., Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Missouri AF&AM, has announced the resignation of MWB Jon B. Broyles as their Grand Secretary.

(Click the announcement above to enlarge.)

PGM Jon Broyles was Grand Master in 2013-14, and has served just two and a half years in the Grand Secretary's chair, and he took the Grand Secretary's job during the COVID mess. He was praised by the Grand Master for stepping into the job:

"I’m sure all of the Masons of the State of Missouri join with me in thanking MWB Broyles not only for his 30+ years of service to the fraternity, but especially for taking on the herculean effort required by that role at a time when we were in particular need of his knowledge, professionalism and passion for Freemasonry. Missouri Freemasonry will forever be in the debt of MWB Broyles for his steady hand in shepherding us through the last several years and I know that his passion for this fraternity will have him contributing greatly in other ways going forward."

The GM has appointed MWB Dr. Ty G. Treutelaar to now serve as the 24th Grand Secretary, effective June 26th. He served in 2022 as Grand Master of Missouri.

Just as an item of historical interest, among his countless accomplishments and services to the fraternity, PGM Broyles was the pioneering Brother who designed and set up the very first grand lodge website for Missouri, between 1996-1999.

Continue reading...