My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Lodge Sessions

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Well, another annual sessions of The Grand Lodge of Kentucky F&AM is in the books and I am a Past District Deputy Grand Master. The sessions were great and I think that we have gotten some good work done. Our grand officer slate is a good one and I expect a great year. My year as DDGM was exciting and fulfilling. I have had a great time this past year. If the new DDGMs have half as much enjoyment as I did they are in for a treat!

Keith C

Wow, another jurisdictional difference, whoda thunk it!

Our DDGMs serve a 6 year term which can be repeated if the GM and DDGM are in agreement. If one of our DDGMs left after a year that would indicate big trouble!!!

How did you feel about how you got to know the intricacies of all the Lodges in your District? Were you able to guide them all in their goals for the future?

Also, Congratulations! Do you now receive a Past DDGM Apron and Jewel?

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
How did you feel about how you got to know the intricacies of all the Lodges in your District? Were you able to guide them all in their goals for the future?
I did get invaluable experience in dealing with the Blue Lodge and Grand Lodge as I was sort of the "go between". My job was mostly two fold; seeing that the lodges got whatever help I could provide them from the Grand Lodge that they needed to achieve their goal and thrive. Also see to it that in their day to day operations the lodges adhered to the Constitution of the Grand Lodge of Kentucky F&AM. From the feedback I got from the Brothers of the lodges within my district I believe that my performance was satisfactory. The tricky part was trying to restore peace and harmony in a lodge where there was bickering without appearing to take one side over another.
Also, Congratulations!
Thank you very much Brother.
Do you now receive a Past DDGM Apron and Jewel?
We did not have a jewel. We were furnished with a DDGM apron with the year that we were serving inscribed on it and were were allowed to keep this. We are allowed to wear it under certain circumstances now that we are out of office. Also we are allowed to wear a Past DDGM lapel pin.

Schuetz

Illinois celebrated another GL and we are now on our 100th Grand Master since its inception. I get to serve as District Education Officer. I don't get an apron but I bought myself a jewel. Here, our DDGMs serve 2 year sentences- I mean terms.

Q. E. L. Schuetz, M.M.
Shekinah Lodge No. 241 • IL
Murphysboro Lodge No. 498 • IL

CLewey44

Well, another annual sessions of The Grand Lodge of Kentucky F&AM is in the books and I am a Past District Deputy Grand Master. The sessions were great and I think that we have gotten some good work done. Our grand officer slate is a good one and I expect a great year. My year as DDGM was exciting and fulfilling. I have had a great time this past year. If the new DDGMs have half as much enjoyment as I did they are in for a treat!
Are in line for any GLofKY positions? Congrats on the outstanding year btw.