My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from a Dummy

CHodapp

Greetings, brethren.

I am Chris Hodapp, the author of "Freemasons For Dummies" and "Solomon's Builders," and with Alice Von Kannon, "The templar Code For Dummies" and "Conspiracy Theories & Secret Societies For Dummies."

I'm the editor of The Journal of The Masonic Society.

I am a ten year Mason, and a Past Master of two lodges in Indiana, Broad Ripple Lodge #643, and Lodge Vitruvian #767, Indiana's newest lodge, and its only European Concept lodge. I'm also a member of Delaware Lodge #46 in Muncie, Indiana, and African Lodge No. 459, PHA in Boston.

I'm a member of the York Rite (currently Sword Bearer in Indianapolis' Raper Commandery No. 1); the Indianapolis Valley of the Scottish Rite-Northern Masonic Jurisdiction; Murat Shrine; and currently serving as Sovereign Master of Allied Masonic Degrees Imhotep Council #434. I'm also a founding member of Levant Preceptory, Indiana's medieval period recreation Templar group.

And a mess of other stuff...

I was quite pleased to find this forum, as it was because of a Masonic funeral service for my father-in-law in Dallas that I joined the fraternity. So, Texas Freemasonry made me what I am today...:D

Erik X

It's great to see you here, Brother. Your book and the book by Brother Brent Morris were the first books about Masonry I read before petitioning for the degrees.

Maybe someday when you're not too busy you can tell us more about Lodge Vitruvian. I've seen the website and it is a very interesting concept that is gaining traction in my lodge.

-Erik

CHodapp

It's an honor to be here, brethren.

BTW, I had a fantastic time at Perfect Union #10 about a month ago. My first Masonic trip to Texas.

cmoreno85tx

Welcome Brother !! I have to say that Freemasonry for Dummies was the first Masonic text I read and really helped me make my decision to petition. Glad to have you here and let us know if you need anything Brother.

Last edited:

Bro. Kurt P.M.

2018 14G DCO
Premium Member
Welcome to the Forum Brother.

Freemasonry for Dummies was the first book I bought while researching Freemasonry. Great book!

As a result of reading the book I toured the Detroit Masonic Temple. What an awesome building !!!

Scotty32

I cannot say enough how happy we are to have you on our forum. Your literature has been a great help to masonry.