My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from South Shields, UK

Howla

Hello Brethren,

I'm new to the craft and recently completed my first degree as E.A.F. at St. Lawrence Lodge No. 6042 in January 2016.

I'm keen to develop and learn the craft, as a newbie any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brother Howell

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Greetings and welcome to the forum Brother. Here you can get advice from Brothers from all over the world. I have certainly learned a lot!

Bloke

Premium Member
Ah ok. The state's we just say EA

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app
You know us Commonwealth folk are more formal :p ... but yep, EA is the standard, and also bro Howla's poatnominal. He's pulled that from the ceremony :)

Greeting and welcome to Bro Howla.

Advice, be cautious, keep your obligations, but above all enjoy and asked LOTS of questions !

(Oh, and don't talk religion and politics which extends to Rugby, Soccer and Cricket :) )

Bloke

Premium Member
Just looked it up. This lodge only meets 7 times per year, presumably one being Installation. That only gives 6 regular meetings for degree work. We have lodges like that. They are notoriously slow to advance men. People are often positive about them because they are not time intense and often provide something special which its felt cannot be sustained more often. But here's the thing, they rely on joining members because they can't handle many degrees and new Freemasons find it hard to skill up in them...

Bro Howell, could you tell us something of your progress and experience ?

Last edited:

Howla

Apologies my initiation was Jan 2017 not 2016, I have my 2nd next week, it was going to be Feb but the lodge had another first in Feb.

I think the plan is to get to MM as soon as possible and the brethren in my lodge are all very helpful. I'm going to a installation at another lodge tomorrow, so not sure what to expect but that is all part of the new experience.

Appreciate the warm welcome from all you fellow Brothers, I'll keep you posted on my progress whilst honouring my obligations.

Thanks,

Bro Howell

Bloke

Premium Member
Apologies my initiation was Jan 2017 not 2016, I have my 2nd next week, it was going to be Feb but the lodge had another first in Feb.

I think the plan is to get to MM as soon as possible and the brethren in my lodge are all very helpful. I'm going to a installation at another lodge tomorrow, so not sure what to expect but that is all part of the new experience.

Appreciate the warm welcome from all you fellow Brothers, I'll keep you posted on my progress whilst honouring my obligations.

Thanks,

Bro Howell

Are they farming out your second or are you doing it at your mother lodge? Any other newbies in the lodge ?

sean602

Hello Brethren,

I'm new to the craft and recently completed my first degree as E.A.F. at St. Lawrence Lodge No. 6042 in January 2016.

I'm keen to develop and learn the craft, as a newbie any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brother Howell

Greetings Brother Howell

I've just completed my first degree in the 602 north your lodge in middlesbrough.
2nd degree is the end of march.

Sincerely and fraternal

Brother Wilkinson

Howla

Greetings Brother Howell

I've just completed my first degree in the 602 north your lodge in middlesbrough.
2nd degree is the end of march.

Sincerely and fraternal

Brother Wilkinson

Greetings Brother Wilkinson,

I have my 2nd tomorrow night and I'm 90% confident on my words and have tomorrow for final prep, good luck and welcome.

Brother Howell

Howla

Good luck brother,

Please let me know how you get on.

Sincerely and fraternally

Brother wilkinson

2nd done and complete, struggled a little with nerves but the brethren in lodge were very supportive and helpful.

On and forward, hopefully I can relax and enjoy the next one.

Sincerely and Fraternally,

Brother Howell

sean602

2nd done and complete, struggled a little with nerves but the brethren in lodge were very supportive and helpful.

On and forward, hopefully I can relax and enjoy the next one.

Sincerely and Fraternally,

Brother Howell

Congratulations brother,
I'm working hard on my words with still a few weeks to go. I'll let you know how I get in at the end of march.

Please keep in touch

Sincerely & fraternally

Brother Sean