My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haiti Earthquake & Voodoo: Myths, Ritual, and Robertson

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Anthropologist and National Geographic explorer-in-residence* Wade Davis is the author of The Serpent and the Rainbow and Passage of Darkness, books that explore Haitian voodoo, magic, and zombies.

Davis recently spoke with National Geographic News about how voodooists might view the recent Haiti earthquake, the concern many Haitians are feeling as they bury loved ones without proper rituals, and U.S. televangelist Pat Robertson's remark that Haiti's earthquake is God's retribution for a voodoo "pact with the devil."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...e-voodoo-pat-robertson-pact-devil-wade-davis/

Wade Davis may be the first Westerner to break a lot of Western myths about Vodou. He gives a brief overview of Vodou.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Very insightful! I love his quote regarding Pat Robertson's recent comments:

"Cruel, ignorant, unforgivable, the ravings of a lunatic. He doesn't even know what he's talking about."

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
BTW - if anyone has questions about the African based religions in that area or in Latin America, I'm pretty well versed.