Ham radio?

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Special Interests' started by phillipcwardlaw, Jul 9, 2014.

1. HumbleTXMason

HumbleTXMason Premium Member

Whiskey Five AIT. Got my ticket in 2006... General, but mainly on 2M on the local repeaters.

2. kriskirkland

kriskirkland Registered User

3. flttrainer

flttrainer Premium Member

Many Brothers at my lodge are ham operators. They keep asking me, but I haven't finished the study book.

4. Sammcd

Sammcd Premium Member

W5IAM

5. rmorenc

rmorenc Premium Member

KD4UUC, but I haven't set up my rig / antenna at the house yet since we moved in last year.

6. Jim Licquia

Jim Licquia Registered User

AC9SF Extra Class here. Do HF DX, QRP, Digital and mobile.Gonna try 2 meter SSB and maybe satellite.

Entered Technician 2/2017
    Passed to General 3/2017
    Raised to the Sublime Level of Amateur Extra 3/2018

Volunteer Examiner

Jim

Sent from my iPad using My Freemasonry mobile app

7. Hasaf

Hasaf Registered User

AF7JA here, Amateur Extra. That said, I don't have any station set up right now. I have a VHF/UHF radio in my auto and a handheld on my desk, that is about it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using My Freemasonry mobile app

I am now at a regular computer, so I can add to this. Here is a picture of my trike as I pedaled from Kansas to Utah. I was way overloaded for a cycle tour. I also had to take some stuff to Utah. If I were to do it again (aka when I do it next), I would/will just Fed-Ex the unneeded gear.

[​IMG]

On that trip, I had a UHF radio, as the numbers on the triangle allude to. I also had an HF rig, but I didn't make any contacts with it. I happened to stumble onto an active repeater in Pueblo, CO. Later on (like two days later) I happened to hit a local chat group on 146.52, still in CO. I was with them for a few hours. I also had a ham stop and visit me when I was setting up camp in Tribune KS. In all, I didn't make many contacts, but it was a good trip with no unresolvable catastrophic issues.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    otherstar likes this.

Share My Freemasonry