My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you read the entire Bible?

Have you read the entire Bible?

• Yes

Votes: 62 55.4%
  • No, but working on it

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • No, my VSL isn't the Holy Bible

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 25.0%

• Total voters

Kenneth Lottman

I have read many different versions of the bible. Growing up I went to a private Lutheran school and we were in the bible more than any other subject. I would have to say my favorite version is Holeman Christian Standard Bible it's alot easier read than the KJV! But I LOVE the bible app on my iPhone that way I can look at many different versions and study different interpretations!

Last edited:

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
I read the Bible through when I was very young, KJV because that was what my grandparents owned. My best friend had died, and it was a difficult time. No doubt I did not understand much of what I was reading, but I became an altar boy after which was a positive experience.

I've not studied it in a completion direction way as an adult, but when I pick up the Bible now its the Oxford Annotated version. Personally I find things that didn't make Constantine's muster interesting, like the Book of Thomas and the like. The intersection with Buddhism, or at least eastern thought is made manifest in those - in my opinion.

ptah khafre

Yes I have 3 or 4 times.

So all surely know that it is plagarized form older more ancient texts of the Negroids, Africans called Sumerians in Mesoptamia. Such texts are the Enuma Elish, Gilgamesh Epics, and others that have been watered down in English KJV and others versions to hoodwink and control the minds of the masses. And if you do not know the language (signs and symbols) that the original scriptures were revealed/reveiled in you are lost to the author's stories and mistranslations. It conveys a very, very different story, not his-story, her-story - ourstory, my-stories, called mysteries, all taken or stolen from the Ancient Egiptian Mystery System of the reality of just from whence you came. And the many others that followed or came that same way to learn the Wisdom of the Ancient Egiptians from whence all Masonry was planed - its true roots in Egipt, the land of the Negroids. These are all ancient truths and lost facts that all Masons show know by now, particurlary if well read, traveled and not blinded by the light of ignorance. What secrets lie in the Lost Word or revealed word of GOD, or Anunnaki, Anakim, or Eloheem. Well, all brothers in the lodge should know this if they truly study to rightly divide or divine the word, to show themselves approved in this book placed on the sacred altar of Freemasonry ; great light (knowledge) found in the quarries of Masonry for what it is. As Masons we should know the facts which can be found worldover in plain view on the walls of the many strutures in African and in the museums or libraries. Many noted and celebrated authorities on religion, philosophy and science know this. Once initiated in the lodge and so-called "higher" degrees, such secrets of the words, meanings, etc in the VSL or Holy Writings are made know to a brother Mason, if this knowledge or light is available and it is in many lodges from time and immemorial. It is his choice to know and travel as far as he wants toward the truth and reality of many questions that have been answered for many years. Well, continue to RE-add (read) and keep the secrets sacred or sacred secret. No beliefs, legends, and myths just confirmed facts or truth in the Masonic Lodge. Truth is a divine attribute and the foundation of every good virtue and one of the first lessons we are taught as Masons. Learn the truth by learning the language that veiled (concealed/hid) allegories in this beautiful system of morality. The Bible is quite a book to read and learn from. That is what we said we came to the lodge to do, is learn... so you have to RE-add (read) this great light and know just what is in it. What it means to subdue passions, because many brothers will get emotion about this post based on belief or indoctrination of what they have been taught rather than re-searching the facts as Masons have vowed to do etc. To be fair and upright man and Mason. Improve your self in the Great and Sacred work of Our Craft.

THemenway

I am going through it now, for the first time. I joined a Men's Bible study group. Turned out that 4 of the 5 members are Masons!
They are older, very wise gentlemen and have welcomed me with open arms. I am very appreciative of them.

calee

I have a New King James version to read and the New Living Translation on CD, I listen to it while I'm driving.

cog41

Premium Member
Yes.

Prefer the New American Standard and New King James for study.
Prefer the English Standard Version and New International Version for reading.

Cigarzan

Premium Member
I haven't read it through and neither do I know that I ever will. But, from what I have read, I'm in favor of it!

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
So all surely know that it is plagarized form older more ancient texts of the Negroids, Africans called Sumerians in Mesoptamia.

The funny thing about claiming "plagiarism" with such a work is that there is no way to tell which way the "plagiarism" went. That far back, the Sumerians could have simply written down the oral traditions of the Hebrews and claimed them for their own. If the Hebrews didn't yet have writing, who could argue?

CajunTinMan

The funny thing about claiming "plagiarism" with such a work is that there is no way to tell which way the "plagiarism" went. That far back, the Sumerians could have simply written down the oral traditions of the Hebrews and claimed them for their own. If the Hebrews didn't yet have writing, who could argue?
That has ways been an argument of mine also. I think few people stop to consider that.

widows son

Premium Member
Growing up in catholic schools we had to, especially the new testament. I've done it a few times in the past.

Phre-massen.nash

I am Jewish but study all forms of Religion. My favorite VSL is the Catholic Bible, because it contains some stories, and books that many people do not know about.

crono782

Premium Member
I'm a KJV man, myself. I haven't read it all the way through. I've read most of the New Testament and A few books of the Old Testament, but certainly not in sequence, just in snippets here and there over the years. I ought to try the audio version some time and maybe I could get through it all. Although audio isn't very ideal for study.

STLamb

I use a canonical reading plan I got from Rick Warren's website here: http://saddlebackmediawest.s3.amazo...618732&Signature=LHptwGWQhp0lgIPeUHOhxXotsX0= Every year, I start on a new translation. For example, this year, I did the NIV - Starting January 1, I will start with the NASB. I have done the NLT in the past, but haven't had the gumption to work up to the KJV yet. I also recommend an app called You Version on android. great if you want an electronic bible.
Update: if the link doesn't work, try this one, and look for reading plans: http://purposedriven.com/books/pdlbook/#purpose

Last edited:

jwhoff

Premium Member
I'm a KJV man, myself. I haven't read it all the way through. I've read most of the New Testament and A few books of the Old Testament, but certainly not in sequence, just in snippets here and there over the years.

I ask each of my new candidates if they have ever read the KJV or the works of Shakespeare. This is a good gauge as to how hard it will be to get them in the right verbiage ... :7: ... at least until we run into the Texacan verbiage :32:.

Life is but a tire swing!

widows son

Premium Member
I find myself reading passages out of the bible. My favorite quote is when God banishes Adam and Eve, and says "in death you truly will die" and " to the dust you shall return". IMO one the most true literal statements to be found in the bible.