My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having your light taken

David612

Sometimes you read an old thread via a site or Google search, become passionate, forget where/when you are and reply.

I've done it hear and elsewhere on accident. The reply was on topic. What would you rather have, a repost?
Yes.
A current post with current participants is always better than continuing an old post.
Extra true when the subject was pretty iffy to begin with.

TonyT2020

I'm not a fan of the idea that a Mason can be compelled to "defend" his property or have it taken from him. Taking someone's property by force or threat of force is a crime in pretty much every state, and not something Masons should be doing. However, I'm not a Prince Hall Mason, so it's just my opinion.
Totally agreed; a different approach is needed in my opinion.

RWRCLARKNJ66

I know of a brother who was healed over into Prince Hall from international he has been a MM for at least 3 yrs under PHA and every time I see the brother he is Masonic from head to toe he has been warned several times by the craft not to ware anything Masonic until he can defend it he was tried by a brother and could not answer the question asked therefor his jacket was taken ... Long story short the brother is upset about his things being taken from him but what do you do when you have warned a brother about this issue time after time again he feels as if he is being picked on I think he is being tought a valuable lesson in knowing how to protect his emblems ijs ....what do the brothers here think on this subject..
Good morning. Glad to be here. My feelings are "Where were you first prepared to be made a Mason?"

RWRCLARKNJ66

Good morning. Paraphernalia or a ring does not make you a Mason. You were first prepared to be a Mason in your Heart! That can never be taken from you. Just because someone is more versed, does not make them an authority. Myself, I have served as the Dep. Grand Lecturer, the Ill. Dean of Instruction for my Orient and am currently serving as the Grand Orator. Those positions require much study, and fortitude. I would never challenge a brother, because we are each on our own path. In regards to challenging or confiscating, I always find that Good and Wholesome Instruction works best.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Good morning. Paraphernalia or a ring does not make you a Mason. You were first prepared to be a Mason in your Heart! That can never be taken from you. Just because someone is more versed, does not make them an authority. Myself, I have served as the Dep. Grand Lecturer, the Ill. Dean of Instruction for my Orient and am currently serving as the Grand Orator. Those positions require much study, and fortitude. I would never challenge a brother, because we are each on our own path. In regards to challenging or confiscating, I always find that Good and Wholesome Instruction works best.
Agreed. May I ask your AASR jurisdiction?

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Good morning. Glad to be here. My feelings are "Where were you first prepared to be made a Mason?"
<cough>

1693225563500.jpeg