My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello! Master Mason (currently demitted) from Illinois

flameburns623

Progress underway.

My petition was read in Lodge and is en route to the Grand Lodge. If turned around in a timely manner I could be restored to Good Standing on the anniversary of my raising to the sublime degree of Master Mason.

Seriously: it so happens that my current home lodge meets next on that very date.

Meanwhile I have been in contact with the Scottish Rite and Shriners and have petitions to submit to each.

I have been in touch also with my York Rite Chapter and they are prepared to reinstate my York membership once we pasd through the bottleneck of getting into good standing with my Blue Lodge.

For the time being I have been passing thru the chairs of the Order of the Knife and Fork: two pancake breakfasts (would have been three but for the weather); a fellowship meal with Companions from the York Rite; and a fish fry at the Scottish Rite Temple.

Lol!

I am getting there.

dfreybur

Premium Member
Order of the knife and fork -

My Seattle lodge conducted an informal "third and a half degree" at refreshment after completing a third degree. That was the name of the tongue in cheek informal event - order of the knife and fork.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I have been voted on and have been restored to good standing. By coincidence I was restored eighteen years to the day of the date upon which I was raised to the sublime degree of Master Mason.
Congratulations Brother. I am very happy for you. Welcome back.

Bloke

Premium Member
Yeah, I think so.

They have practice sessions on the Mondays prior to their Stated Meetings, so between that and taking a Chair, I can count on actually feeling an active part of my Lodge.

I've been through 3 times and it gave different lessons each occasion; be big thing is have (or tap into) a strategic plan which leave the lodge better than when you took the reigns.

I encourage you and wish you every success.