History of Freemasonry 1898 help!

Discussion in 'The Marketplace' started by tylerjshaw, May 22, 2011.

1. tylerjshaw

tylerjshaw Registered User

I found a series of History of Freemasonry by albert g mackey and william r singleton in reall good condtion. I have been trying to find out what they are worth. i have vol 1-3 and 5-7 so im missing vol 4. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

Go to Abebooks.com and do a search on there. You should be able to get an idea about what they are selling for across the country. Also you might be able to find the missing volume also.

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry

3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson Registered User

If you want to find out what they are worth, i'd read 'em :)

4. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Personally as a Mason, I'd keep them!

I have seen good quality originals available on Amazon.com for up to $600 per book. I picked up my gently "loved" two volume set for $45, and I use them almost weekly.

5. Geeksgalore

Geeksgalore Registered User

Now that's the best thing I have heard all day. Excellent Comment!

6. tylerjshaw

lol I can take some pictures and let you read them online for free jacob :p

I would love to keep this set and they are in amazing condition. But my father is in need of money at the moment. If there are any offers, let me know. I will be willing to part with these. If you are in need of more pictures i will be happy to do so. Doing so on this site i would know they would go to someone that would take care of them and use them.

7. Geeksgalore

Geeksgalore Registered User

I would love to have these for our Lodge, would make a very good addition to our Library, I wish I had the Money! They are worth good money I am sure....

8. tylerjshaw

If anyone wants these books im saling them for 900 dollars to anyone on this site. Can do a ebay transaction to make it safe for both parties.

9. tylerjshaw

ok 800 now

10. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Yeah, I think we could double up on that one.

11. tylerjshaw

12. tylerjshaw

ttt $550

13. tylerjshaw

ttt ok the first 400 dollars gets these books

14. Dion

Dion Guest

The 2-volume set is Mackey's Encyclopedia of Freemasonry. Generally in the range of $150-$250 (depending on condition) for the set.

The 7-volume set is Mackey's Revised History of Freemasonry, and significantly more expensive. I have seen sets sell for nearly $1000, and one that was brand new for a bit more.

Love the comment Bro. Jacob: "If you want to find out what they are worth, i'd read 'em :)"

I concur.

Share My Freemasonry