My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does one go about becoming a freemason? What are the necessary steps one must tak

dfreybur

Premium Member
Re: How does one go about becoming a freemason? What are the necessary steps one must

Give your geography. Look up your country/state starting with the United Grand Lodge of England to find the recognized grand lodge in your country/state. Go to that grand lodge's web site and find the lodge locator. Find the lodge closest to you. Go there in person. Most lodges list their meeting schedule on the door. Go there about an hour before the meeting, introduce yourself and ask how to become a Mason. Start showing up at that time monthly as they are likely to expect you to come back a few times to get to know you before they give you a petition. Fill it out, submit it and the process from there takes 1-3 month before your first degree is scheduled. Keep showing up in person every month before the meeting to have fellowship - Masonry is all about in person.

tim

Re: How does one go about becoming a freemason? What are the necessary steps one must

I would like to stress to be sure the lodge you petition to is chartered from the UGLE

Freemason Connect Mobile

dtobecker

If you are interested in Scottish Freemasonry, you follow this procedure but replace UGLE with The Grand Lodge of Scotland - long may she prosper!

Freemason Connect Mobile

archimedes

What is the difference between a UGLE and a Scottish grand lodge?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freemasonry mobile app

dtobecker

There are three constitutions. The English, the Irish and the Scottish. You can find some more information on the Grand Lodge of Scotland here: http://www.grandlodgescotland.com/

Freemason Connect Mobile