My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How serious do you take your obligations?

Do you think it's okay as MMs to post the secrets of Masonry online?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carl_in_NH

Site Benefactor
Not a fan of tattoos myself. I know of a brother that spent a hefty amount on a tattoo - nice ink, but the brother wasn't in a position to spend that kind of money on a tattoo. How do I know? Because he couldn't pay his dues due to other financial obligations. After years and years of non payment, we had to suspend him for NPD. He never even tried to make arrangements to pay part of his dues - but showed that tattoo to everyone that would look. Good counsel fell on deaf ears with this brother.

A classic case of not subduing ones passions; he loved the Masonic ink, but lost sight of his obligation to pay his dues to the lodge. Eastwood was right; 'A man has to know his limitations'.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Um,are we not to judge our brothers by their appearance, but by their actions ? I have a full sleave, and several other tats. Most the ones I sit in lodge with are way older brothers. They don't seem to care, but how I conduct my self as a man and a mason.
Sooo, I remember sitting in court next to another attorney, waiting for our cases to be called. Defendant walks up to the podium. Bald. Penis tattooed on the back of his head.
Sometimes, appearances do tell us something about the individual

SimonM

Sooo, I remember sitting in court next to another attorney, waiting for our cases to be called. Defendant walks up to the podium. Bald. Penis tattooed on the back of his head.

Sometimes the actions of a man is reflected in his appearance. I think thats why tattoos are so special.

Tyler Atkinson

Um,are we not to judge our brothers by their appearance, but by their actions ? I have a full sleave, and several other tats. Most the ones I sit in lodge with are way older brothers. They don't seem to care, but how I conduct my self as a man and a mason.
Im covered in tattoos too. I just always thought that there would be a problem actually getting the S&C tattooed onto you. Just a curious question.

jermy Bell

I don't have a S&C tattoo yet, being raised little over 2 years. Right now money is very very tight. But I would like my other sleeve done with the pillars at the bottom of the winding stairs, king Solomons temple or the s&c at the top with a starry deck heaven ? Idk.

dfreybur

Premium Member
I just always thought that there would be a problem actually getting the S&C tattooed onto you.

Wearing a symbol, including as a tattoo, implies it is a status you have earned. As an EA yours would be in the arrangement you were taught in that degree. You'd be allowed to wear it that way forever as we are all EAs in addition to our other degrees, but I do suggest you earn the rest of your degrees then decide when your list of choices is longer.

One alternative I've seen is "In loving memory", S&C, then the name of a passed family member. That's wearing a symbol in a way that implies that person earned it.

You knocked on our doors and were told to wait a time with patience. This is one of the applications of the lesson.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I have a full sleave, and several other tats. Most the ones I sit in lodge with are way older brothers. They don't seem to care, but how I conduct my self as a man and a mason.
Totally agree.
Also totally agree, lol.