My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I asked 1 now waiting

FlBrother324

My interview
I have an interview set up with the brothers on Oct. 10. What kind of questions should my Wife and I expect?

My Freemasonry HD

Hello Firefighter 1,

Let me put you at ease...

It's an informal meeting of a few Brothers, usually at your home or the Lodge. They usually just ask general questions of you and your wife.
Nothing of a personal nature, no finance, medical, or religious specific questions, mostly regarding things related to future Lodge activities. if you are aware of the amount of time to be spent away at meetings, events, classes, training, etc. , what you know about the Craft.

They should ask if either of you have any questions of them, or concerns about the Craft as well.

So relax, don't fret about the meeting, and with luck in a few months you will be starting your 3 degrees, on your way to becoming a Master Mason.

Good luck and enjoy your Journey remember it is a "life-long" trip,

Yours, in His service.

Br. R Corcoran
Florida

My Freemasonry HD

dfreybur

Premium Member
I have an interview set up with the brothers on Oct. 10. What kind of questions should my Wife and I expect?

Your wife needs to know about the time requirements. More than one evening per month as you work your way through your degrees then at least one meeting per month after that. She needs to be okay with you spending your time doing wholesome stuff.

You'll be asked the same questions as on the petition so nothing new. They are there to confirm you're not homeless , that you did read the forms you signed.and that you understand what the words mean.

firefighter1

Thanks guys this really helps and puts me at ease. Eager to get started FINISHING my work with brothers of like mind.

My Freemasonry HD

firefighter1

I was voted favorable and my initiation is tomorrow night. Excited and nervous. I was told to be SURE to wear clean underwear. Lol

My Freemasonry

rebis

Premium Member
:) yes, please wear clean underwear.

Do you know if they'll use a goat or a donkey?

My Freemasonry

Rob427W

<sarcasm>

Sounds like it'll be a goat to me. I got the goat on my first night, and quite readily jumped on in anticipation of the Sun God looking favorably down on me.

</sarcasm>

masonicdove

I was voted favorable and my initiation is tomorrow night. Excited and nervous. I was told to be SURE to wear clean underwear. Lol

My Freemasonry

I hope all goes well tonight. Mmm, clean underwear that's interesting, lol. Let us know when you have been initiated.

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
Finally got a date to show up at the lodge next Tuesday night , looks like patience pays off cant wait .

(P.H.A.Candidate) R.Pierce

mrpierce17

Premium Member
12-17-13 is also my twin boys 8th birthday its going to be one heck of a day

mrpierce17

Premium Member
Still waiting on a new date hopefully it will be soon but ..at less I no I was voted on favorably

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
You are to be commended for your patience........Each Brother who has been Initiated, Passed, and Raised on this Forum has been in the same seat as you.....some good advice-----walk in, remain humble, listen attentively, show respect and greet EVERY Brother Mason in the room with a handshake and an introduction........you will be given all of the information that the Brethren deem necessary AT THAT POINT IN YOUR JOURNEY.....my advice to you----stay off the Internet and even off of this Forum while studying, unless you are informing us of your progression to your next Degree..........studying your Degree Work should be the THIRD most important obligation in your Home, behind Family and Work, of course..............we are here for support and encouragement----the Brothers in YOUR Lodge should be the only ones you go to for teaching and information during this time...........you will soon learn why...................Good Luck

Bro Vincent C. Jones, Sr., Bayou City Lodge #228, PHA, F&AM
Prince Hall Affiliated, Free and Accepted Masonry, District 15-A, Houston, Texas
Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas, Est 1878

mrpierce17

Premium Member
Tonight is the night counting down the hours

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

dfreybur

Premium Member
Tonight is the night counting down the hours

After several scheduled date I hope it goes through this time so we can all welcome you to the family. Don't be surprised if you get assigned a part in the next degree - Sounds like your lodge is having trouble pulling together a degree team so you'll want to help them out going forward.

mrpierce17

Premium Member
If that is the situation I will be more than happy to proudly go to work ... but my delays where due to end of year grand communication ( forgive me if that is not what its called ) , death of a long-time lodge member , and my work scheduled . I'm prepared to go in humble with a open heart and mind .

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App