My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I finally petitioned, have some questions though.

Randy81

Premium Member
Did it make it easier going through it with someone else?
We have to do our EA degrees alone I think. I mean it doesn't matter if you do the degree alone but it's good in my opinion to have another EA and now FC to study with.

alterian

We have to do our EA degrees alone I think. I mean it doesn't matter if you do the degree alone but it's good in my opinion to have another EA and now FC to study with.

Exactly what I was thinking, it would be good to have a study budy.

Derinique Kendrick

There is nothing "difficult" about the degrees. Personally, I feel you should do them alone, if possible.
I did mines alone. I don't know about anyone else, but for me it was definitely less stressful knowing that I only had to worry about me doing what I had to do in order to progress versus staying on other grown men about staying on top of things. I had my share of doing that before and was so glad I didn't have to worry about carrying anyone else's load.

Randy81

Premium Member
I did mines alone. I don't know about anyone else, but for me it was definitely less stressful knowing that I only had to worry about me doing what I had to do in order to progress versus staying on other grown men about staying on top of things. I had my share of doing that before and was so glad I didn't have to worry about carrying anyone else's load.
I see what you're saying, however, that wouldn't be an issue at my lodge. If two Brothers are on the same timeline so be it, but if one isn't making progress he simply doesn't progress. In fact, another brother and I were last two of like eight or ten initiated yet we were the first two to be raised to Master Mason.

Derinique Kendrick

I see what you're saying, however, that wouldn't be an issue at my lodge. If two Brothers are on the same timeline so be it, but if one isn't making progress he simply doesn't progress. In fact, another brother and I were last two of like eight or ten initiated yet we were the first two to be raised to Master Mason.
True. And that's really great progress. It shows who really wants it versus those who just say they do.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member

That's a PHA thing. Each candidate does his degree separately even if there are several in one night in most jurisdictions. They will do the lecture together but not the degree itself. So your progress has nothing to do with anyone else.

Derinique Kendrick

That's a PHA thing. Each candidate does his degree separately even if there are several in one night in most jurisdictions. They will do the lecture together but not the degree itself. So your progress has nothing to do with anyone else.
I was speaking more in terms of being the only one to give degrees to period, instead of having others to confer after mines. I was the only candidate.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
I was speaking more in terms of being the only one to give degrees to period, instead of having others to confer after mines. I was the only candidate.

I was referring to what you said about not having to carry others. PHA initiates as a line if there is more than one, right?

Derinique Kendrick

I was referring to what you said about not having to carry others. PHA initiates as a line if there is more than one, right?
I'm not totally all the way sure, but I'm going to take stab at it and say I think so. But wouldn't that be with GLofSt as well? I honestly don't know.
And in terms of "Carrying others" I was thinking since we are our "brothers keeper" in the sense of going through the process together one would have to keep his brother up to speed or one gets left behind.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
I'm not totally all the way sure, but I'm going to take stab at it and say I think so. But wouldn't that be with GLofSt as well? I honestly don't know.
And in terms of "Carrying others" I was thinking since we are our "brothers keeper" in the sense of going through the process together one would have to keep his brother up to speed or one gets left behind.

Each candidate does his degree separately as I described above in my jurisdiction.

Derinique Kendrick

Each candidate does his degree separately as I described above in my jurisdiction.
Ok I get you now. Same here. If there is more than one they receive lectures together, but yes, degrees are seperate. Thanks for clearning that up and sorry for my confusion, brother!

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Ok I get you now. Same here. If there is more than one they receive lectures together, but yes, degrees are seperate. Thanks for clearning that up and sorry for my confusion, brother!

I thought if they were initiated as a line, they did their degrees together. Interesting

Derinique Kendrick

I thought if they were initiated as a line, they did their degrees together. Interesting
I'm honestly not exactly sure about the whole line thing as I am still new and I haven't been able to do as much traveling as I'd like to just yet to see a class of multiples so I still don't know the logistics to that part of it yet. But, personally, I can only assume that they take their degrees one by one (because I cant see a line taking a ob at the same time when there's only one alter, and if so that's not due form) (just my logic, by the way), I can however see them all being present to get the lecture at one time so that it doesn't have to be repeated. I could be wrong, though. Maybe another PHA brother, more knowledgeable on this particular subject than I, can give you better clarification.

Tusshar

Craft ritual is our Bible.... It teaches us to be on level.. Inculcate it... Only solution

Sent from my Mi 4i using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

alterian

Just an update, I'm set to go late in march. I cant wait, the only thing on my mind is assuring myself that I have the appropriate amount of time to study the material. We just picked up a cycle, so we've been busy lately. Around the time im getting initiated we'll be in white phase so I "should" be getting off around 1800. I wont be doing it alone either, so I know that atleast they'll be another person going through it with me, perhaps more. Just playing the waiting game now.

Randy81

Premium Member
Just an update, I'm set to go late in march. I cant wait, the only thing on my mind is assuring myself that I have the appropriate amount of time to study the material. We just picked up a cycle, so we've been busy lately. Around the time im getting initiated we'll be in white phase so I "should" be getting off around 1800. I wont be doing it alone either, so I know that atleast they'll be another person going through it with me, perhaps more. Just playing the waiting game now.
I think you'll be fine. You're fresh out of DS school. The first three modules is WAY MORE to memorize than any of the degree's catechism. You'll knock it out of the park brother.