My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I finally took the first step

Phil P

I was in your very same situation just over a year ago. The only difference is that I did know a Mason. but not from the lodge that I joined. Enjoy the journey!

Same with me. I did have plenty of Masons that were my references since I'm connected with DeMolay

Im located in Texas, the next stated meeting is 2nd Tuesday of May. I talked with the secretary lastnight and he told me the petition will be read , the committee will be assigned, and vote would be in June. I remember reading about how some lodges dont meet in the summer time. Ill have to remember to ask that question. Thank you.

Way to go, which lodge are you petitioning?

Jeffrey McBride

Update...

Got the call today to meet with the investigative committee this upcoming monday. What should i expect from this meeting?
Thanks.

LK600

Premium Member
You should expect to have a pleasant meeting. They will ask you questions. They will want to meet your family (if you have any that live with you). Be yourself. I would tell you good luck but, it's nothing you will need luck for. Have a good meeting!

Keith C

The "Official Business" part of the meeting will involve about 15 min of questions and answers, This will likely be seamlessly interspersed within 45 min to an hour of chit-chat, that will go by like it was 10 minutes.

At least that is my experience.

Jeffrey McBride

Just be yourself and act naturally. You will probably have a pleasant time.

Honestly I don't know why im nervous. I have been visiting the lodge for awhile now, and I have talked to almost everyone there, so i need to just remember that going in. I guess its the fact that its the "investigative committee" sounds intimidating lol.

LK600

Premium Member
Honestly I don't know why im nervous. I have been visiting the lodge for awhile now, and I have talked to almost everyone there, so i need to just remember that going in. I guess its the fact that its the "investigative committee" sounds intimidating lol.

Because they are now coming to your turf. It will be fine, I enjoyed mine immensely.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Trust me, there is absolutely nothing to be nervous about.