My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have asked now what?

dfreybur

Premium Member
I want to be as Prepared as i can be.

One can be over-prepared for the degrees. The first degree is called "initiation". Candidates in the ancient mystery degrees went into their initiations cold and there is much to be said for the personal impact of doing it that way. Put yourself into the hands of friends, let them to take care of you and for it to be a strange and memorable experience.

I've read complaints that a candidate memorized sections out of an expose' book because he'd learned that memorization would be called for. But the details are different jurisdiction to jurisdiction. I've been through the line in California and Illinois so I've memorized both versions. My experience is it was harder to relearn than it was to learn in the first place. Please don't over study.

Some men are untrusting and want to know as much as possible about the sequence of events. Outlines of the events of the degrees are easily found. But one of the major lessons is to be trusting and to act so that you are worthy of being trusted.

Willh1990

I got my petition signed today now all I need to do is get the money together for it first person to sign it was a past master who I got along great with. Then its a month to wait for the grand lodge to process. Then I get investigated then voted on. I'm really learning a first virtue which has been my hardest in life patience.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dfreybur

Premium Member
I'm really learning a first virtue which has been my hardest in life patience.

In an order where our lodges mostly have business/voting meetings once per month and only the most active ones meet twice per month there's a *lot* of that patience stuff going around. The tick-tock of the Masonic clock is like watching the Moon's phases. That month thing again. How about we call it "relaxing"?

JKC84

I got my petition signed today now all I need to do is get the money together for it first person to sign it was a past master who I got along great with. Then its a month to wait for the grand lodge to process. Then I get investigated then voted on. I'm really learning a first virtue which has been my hardest in life patience.

Freemason Connect Mobile

we've all been there my friend

Freemason Connect Mobile

CStevenson

I suggest you go to the lodge as often as possible. It will make the time go by faster as well as cement the feeling of belonging once you turn in your petition and have been initiated.